xoSonya

First Disney Trip Ever May 2018!
You can drop your kids off starting at 5pm. The event is located on the 4th Floor of the Contemporary. It's located adjacent to the gift shops on that floor (don't turn towards Chef Mickey's).

Drop off requires a parent/guardian to fill out some paperwork. Name of child, DOB...etc. You do have to provide a name and phone number of someone not at Disney property (in case of emergency) and the name of the person picking up the kids exactly as it appears on their ID. They also ask you where you're heading for the night.

Then you will choose some selections from the menu.

The menu consists of an Appetizer (Grapes, Carrots or Go Go Squeeze applesauce)---Flatbread Pizza (cheese, pepperoni, cheeseburger, or vegetable), a snack (white cheddar popcorn, goldfish crackers or rice krispie treats) and finally a dessert (cupcake or cookies).

Please note: No chicken nuggets. No cheeseburgers. No hot dogs. No French Fries. If your children only eat those foods, you might want to feed them prior to dropping them off.

The kids then go to a handwashing station and the fun begins. No parents allowed. No pictures. No videos.

There's a large video game section. There's a toy room (toys were princesses, Woody and Jessie toys, Zurg, Buzz...etc).

At some point in the night, the kids have the option of building a car and racing it.

More playtime with toys and video games.
Woody and Jessie appeared teaching the kids some sort of oath.

Mr and Mrs Incredible come out for a dance party. It's mostly follow the leader type of dancing, but the kids looked like they were having a great time. The dance party started about 9:40pm and went until close to the end of the night (10:15pm).

The night officially ends at 10:30. For every minute after 10:30pm that you do not pick up your children, you are charged $1.

Mostly girls (only a few boys) were at the Zone when I dropped off my son and daughter. The age range of the children at the Zone when my kids participated was 5-9. Yes, there were a couple of younger kids and a couple of older ones.

The kids all left with a cute yellow Pixar sack containing any arts and crafts they did and snacks they couldn't finish.

It was not packed and my children enjoyed themselves. They wanted to go back the next day. My son loved the video games.
My daughter loved the dance party. All the kids I saw looked like they had fun.

When you return to pick up your child(ren), they hand you a tablet to complete a survey. The survey asks such things as-- how you heard about the Zone, at which resort are you staying, why did you choose to utilize the services of the Pixar Play Zone...etc.

The price I paid for my TWO children in May 2018 was $138 and some change.

I hope this helps anyone who was curious about Contemporary's Pixar Play Zone.

Last edited:
I'm so glad to hear that your children had fun! I have two (9 and 6) that will be going next Wednesday and I'm glad to see a review so we're not going in blind to it. So thank you!! Do they by chance take pictures of your kids with the characters or anything while they're there?

I'm so glad to hear that your children had fun! I have two (9 and 6) that will be going next Wednesday and I'm glad to see a review so we're not going in blind to it. So thank you!! Do they by chance take pictures of your kids with the characters or anything while they're there?

Unfortunately, no. They do not take any pictures of the kids for photo pass/memory maker. No autographs, either. That's too bad because I think a lot of parents would enjoy having those memories.

Your kids are going to enjoy themselves!

I wasn't betting on it, but I was going to be happy if they did throw some pictures in for our MM. Hehe.

Thank you so much for writing such an informative and helpful review. I appreciate you taking the time to do this as you answered all of my questions. We are all booked for July!!
You can drop your kids off starting at 5pm. The event is located on the 4th Floor of the Contemporary. It's located adjacent to the gift shops on that floor (don't turn towards Chef Mickey's).

Drop off requires a parent/guardian to fill out some paperwork. Name of child, DOB...etc. You do have to provide a name and phone number of someone not at Disney property (in case of emergency) and the name of the person picking up the kids exactly as it appears on their ID.
Then you will choose some selections from the menu.

The menu consists of an appetizer (Grapes, Carrots or Go Go Squeeze applesauce)---Flatbread pizza (cheese, pepperoni, cheeseburger, or vegetable), a snack (white cheddar popcorn, goldfish crackers or rice krispie treats) and finally a dessert (cupcake or cookies).

The kids then go to a handwashing station and the fun begins. No parents allowed. No pictures. No videos.

There's a large video game section. There's a toy room (toys were princesses, Woody and Jesse toys, Zurg, Buzz...etc).

At some point in the night, the kids have the option of building a car and racing it.

More playtime with toys and video games.
Woody and Jesse appeared teaching the kids some sort of oath.

Mr and Mrs Incredible come out for a dance party. It's mostly follow the leader type of dancing, but the kids looked like they were having a great time. The dance party started about 9:40pm and went until close to the end of the night (10:15pm).

The night officially ends at 10:30. For every minute after 10:30pm that you do not pick up your children, you are charged $1.

Mostly girls were at the Zone when I dropped off my son and daughter. The age range of the children at the Zone when my kids participated was 5-9. Yes, there were a couple of younger kids and a couple of older ones.

The kids all left with a cute yellow Pixar sack containing any arts and crafts they did and snacks they couldn't finish.

It was not packed and my children enjoyed themselves. They wanted to go back the next day. My son loved the video games.
My daughter loved the dance party. All the kids I saw looked like they had fun.

The price I paid for my TWO children in May 2018 was $138 and some change.

I hope this helps anyone who was curious about Contemporary's Pixar Play Zone.

Thank you so much for writing such an informative and helpful review. I appreciate you taking the time to do this as you answered all of my questions. We are all booked for July!!

You're very welcome. If you can think of anything else you might be wondering about, I will try my best to provide you with an answer.

Just booked our DD11 and DS8 for an evening in mid July - thanks for the insight. I am certain my kids will have a terrific time now!

We have it booked in September. Our girls are very excited about it! We gave them a choice. Dinner with mom and dad or pixar play zone. Easy choice lol. So from the description as far as location, it sounds like they took out the arcade and the play zone is in its spot. Is this correct?

Thanks for the writeup! Our daughter will be almost 5 when we visit in December and we were thinking of sending her here for one evening. It sounds like she would enjoy it, although I don't know about the dance party (late in the evening she sort of loses stamina for "loud" activities). But I'm pretty sure she'd be thrilled about everything else.

Thanks for the review! I booked my two kiddos for this event (they will be 4 and 7) for a night. We're staying at BLT so its an easy choice. It sounds like they will have a ton of fun, and my husband and I can enjoy a nice dinner together too. I am kind of jealous of them actually!! :)

And good to know about pictures. I really wish they would throw a few into the MM for our trip photo book - that's a bummer for sure.

Thanks for the review, great info. I'm glad you mentioned the menu, we are booked for June and we have one kid who only eats hot dogs, fries or chicken nuggets when we go out. I'll be sure to give him a bite to eat before hand.

thank you for the review! my child avoids red sauce so knowing it's only pizza is really helpful. I wish it ran a little later.

Thanks for this my 4yo will be going in August so we can take the almost 14yo to Cali Grill for a nice dinner. I’m praying he has fun and isn’t upset to go!!!

Well, the kiddos had their night at the play zone last night. Neither were incredibly excited when I told them they were going to Disney Daycare for the evening, but when we got there to pick them up the first thing they wanted to know was if they can go back tonight and DH and I go out again. hehe. Needless to say, they had a blast and weren't ready to leave. The check in staff were all friendly, check in and out was a breeze. We'll definitely use this option again if we ever get to come back for another vacation at Disney.

Thanks for the reviews. Trying to decide if my 9yo DS would enjoy it. It sounds like fun and I’m sure the video games would make him very happy.

Thanks for the review! My two DS's (7&9) will be going in a few weeks while DH and I have dinner at Cali Grill! I'm glad to know they have video games... I was hoping it wasn't all "little kid" stuff...

I’m glad this option seems to be well-received. During our last stay at the Beach Club, we planned a night for our youngest two to stay at the Sandcastle Club. They both had a great time, but my 6-year-old really loved it. So much so that she went back the next night. I’m hoping they bring back the other resort-specific clubs at some point. But we could make the Pixar Play Zone work for a future trip, too.

Assuming she's fully potty trained by then, how would it be for a 3 year old if she's with her older siblings (6 and 8)?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter