Pixar Pier opening day

twinprincesses09

Mouseketeer
Planning our first visit to Disneyland. Planning 4 days at the parks with our last day being June 23. Trying to come up with some sort of plan for that day since Pixar Pier will be opening. We have park hoppers, but was originally planning to spend most of the day at Disneyland using the Magic Morning on our last day to hit all our favorites again. But we definitely want to try to get at least one ride on the Incredicoaster. So I was thinking we could keep with our plan ...of Magic Morning at DL, then use Maxpass to get a fastpass for Incredicoaster and hop over there when it's time. How long do you think it will take to get in the park during the late morning? Or should we just plan to do DCA that morning instead? I didn't really want to be in the crowd rushing back to Incredicoaster at rope drop, but don't want to miss out on riding it either!

Planning our first visit to Disneyland. Planning 4 days at the parks with our last day being June 23. Trying to come up with some sort of plan for that day since Pixar Pier will be opening. We have park hoppers, but was originally planning to spend most of the day at Disneyland using the Magic Morning on our last day to hit all our favorites again. But we definitely want to try to get at least one ride on the Incredicoaster. So I was thinking we could keep with our plan ...of Magic Morning at DL, then use Maxpass to get a fastpass for Incredicoaster and hop over there when it's time. How long do you think it will take to get in the park during the late morning? Or should we just plan to do DCA that morning instead? I didn't really want to be in the crowd rushing back to Incredicoaster at rope drop, but don't want to miss out on riding it either!
We are in nearly the same boat. We are checking out on June 23 and plan to head into DCA at rope drop to ride Incredicoaster and see PxP. We will have MaxPass so will use that. As far as rides, there is not much there after Incredicoaster that will take a lot of time. There is Mickey's Fun Wheel and the merry-go-round (not that big a deal). So we will be in and out pretty fast - maybe 3 hours?

You may want to do something similar.

:wizard:

FYI the Carousel won't be opening until next year.

Also, Magic Morning is only Fantasyland and Tomorrowland open.

I would keep your Disneyland plan and pull a FP with Max pass. That way you can spend the morning hours at Disneyland getting in your rerides and then just hop over when your FP is ready. Good idea to have Maxpass that day if your goal is to hit your favorites again. I imagine it will be busy with guests wanting to see the Pier on opening day.

I would keep your Disneyland plan and pull a FP with Max pass. That way you can spend the morning hours at Disneyland getting in your rerides and then just hop over when your FP is ready. Good idea to have Maxpass that day if your goal is to hit your favorites again. I imagine it will be busy with guests wanting to see the Pier on opening day.
That is a good suggestion. I would do it that way. Incredicoaster is the only real draw here. If you have MaxPass you will be fine!

:wizard:

Same boat for us as well. Screamin’ is my middle daughter’s very favorite-we don’t have to head to the airport til 2 so I’m planning to just focused on grabbing at least one ride with MaxPass first thing. We aren’t sure if we will get MP all five days but that day for certain.

Sure wish we knew for sure about WOC!

Same boat for us as well. Screamin’ is my middle daughter’s very favorite-we don’t have to head to the airport til 2 so I’m planning to just focused on grabbing at least one ride with MaxPass first thing. We aren’t sure if we will get MP all five days but that day for certain.

Sure wish we knew for sure about WOC!
:crazy:

We were thinking of doing the same thing. Is there any chance that CA will hit capacity and then we can't get in for a later FP? That's my only concern with going to Disneyland first and not being in line waiting for CA to open. This is our first DLR trip so I don't know how things work over there!

I also have my fingers crossed for WOC to return!

We were thinking of doing the same thing. Is there any chance that CA will hit capacity and then we can't get in for a later FP? That's my only concern with going to Disneyland first and not being in line waiting for CA to open. This is our first DLR trip so I don't know how things work over there!

I also have my fingers crossed for WOC to return!

Has DCA ever hit capacity? This is a rethemed land. Now when the new Marvel Land opens, maybe. Not sure even Carsland made the park hit capacity and it was way more impressive.

We are checking out on June 23 and plan to head into DCA at rope drop to ride Incredicoaster and see PxP.
I applaud the effort to make 'PxP' a thing! Loved your other post on it.

I like it, except that 'x' often means 'by' in an acronym like that... Still, it seems like the best option. Why must they have so many double-P names?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter