Pirates of the Caribbean refurb

gochief58

Mouseketeer
i just saw on Undercover Tourist that Pirates is going to be closed on April 23 for a refurb with no timetable. Does anyone know if this is a short or lengthy refurb. We are visiting May 21-June 2 and hoping it’s back up and running. Thanks

It will probably be lengthy - they are changing a couple of the scenes. I think it's supposed to be down most of May.

A different thread (Pirates Referb) has a link to a wdwinfo posting that says PotC will be down through June 7th. The current Disneyland.com calendar only goes through May 30th, but PotC is listed as being closed.

So sad we will miss it, we arrive 4/29.
POTC is my favorite ride and I would be bummed too.

You can take solace in the fact that after it re-opens it will be more politically correct and the depicted pirate behavior will be, well, less pirate-like.

Next up? Haunted Mansion most likely. We can't have depictions of women who murder five husbands being in a Disney park, can we?

:wizard:

Arrgh! I really hope wdwinfo is wrong. June 6th is our last day and as WDW vets I am really looking forward to trying the DL version.

You can take solace in the fact that after it re-opens it will be more politically correct and the depicted pirate behavior will be, well, less pirate-like.

Next up? Haunted Mansion most likely. We can't have depictions of women who murder five husbands being in a Disney park, can we?

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

:mad::headache::mad::sad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter