Pirates of the Caribbean drop?

Hey everyone, quick question. How bad is the Pirates plunge compared to Frozen Ever After? Is it worse or better? I’ve read that Frozen’s plunge is 28’ and Pirates is 14’, but is it steeper? I am a huge baby when it comes to falling. To give you an example, I rode Frozen but won’t do it again because I hated it so I’m wondering if I should ride Pirates. Thanks! (P.S. referring to the one in DW, not DL!)

UPDATE: I rode Pirates and it was literally nothing, I loved it. I didn’t like the drop but it definitely didn’t bother me as much as Frozen. Thanks everyone for your input!

Last edited:
It's this with the lights out.

So yes, you're probably going to cry. But you have no good reason to be scared.

800px-Playground_Slide_Metal.jpg

If Frozen made you cry, I'd definitely avoid Pirates. In addition to the drop, there is a chance to get wet on Pirates which some people find unpleasant.

I think its a little higher actually than Frozen, or the darkness makes it feel a little higher.

Did you not know about the Frozen drop ahead of time? Maybe it was the surprise that scared you? If you think that’s it, then I’d say try Pirates, since at least you know it’s there. And you’ll be done crying by the time you get off ;P

I agree...if you cried over Frozen, you won't be happy on Pirates. But in the scheme of rides, the drop is not very thrilling and over in 2 seconds or less
Is there any chance you'll get used to it though? I was very worried about riding Everest, but if I didn't go on it, then my kids couldn't. So I went on it enough times that I'm no longer frightened. Maybe you can push yourself through it.

I hate drops because of that funny feeling it gives me in my stomach. That doesn't happen to me on Frozen probably because it's such a long slope. I hate the drop on pirates, but I love the rest of the ride. Pirates does have a steeper drop. I literally count during the pirates drop - it's 2 seconds. :-)
I'm the only one in family that gets that funny feeling on pirates.
Don't sit in the front row of pirates - you will most likely get wet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!