Pirate101: New Game from the makers of Wizard101

Great find, Aliceblue, and good to see you!

I've been so busy lately, I haven't had a chance to be online much with fun stuff.

Hi Tink and Aengus :)

I doubt I'll be playing this one myself, as I can barely manage one game and I have yet to run out of things to do in Wizard101. (Can't believe I've been playing it longer than VMK now..... :()

For any of you folks who still play Wiz, it looks like the two games may be interconnected in terms of accounts, crowns and memberships.

I still play wizards at least a few times a week but I signed up for this one too. DS likes the way the combat looks like it is going to be on this one.

Are you playing Pirate 101? Looks pretty good, I found little information on this game. - mmohunter

I believe it is in beta or soon will be. As far as I know, it hasn't gone live yet.

I'm in for the beta and I'm still playing Wizard101. Takes some time to get used to the gameplay, but I'm interested in seeing how it will all play out.

thats great, the game looks very interesting. I read a review somewhere that really praised it

I was invited in for beta and, so far, I am really enjoying this game. Play style is a bit different than Wizard 101 but the well-done graphics, enjoyable Easter eggs, are all present and accounted for. The change in play style keeps it from being just a pirate version of Wizards. Can't discuss much more than these general observations due to the Beta agreement as well as not knowing what will make it past the beta testing into the live version. For those who enjoy Wizards (as well as my old VMK comrades), I think it will be well worth your time to at least take a peek when the time comes.

Just saw this announcement on their website:

Come play Pirate101 with us!

That’s right! We’re putting Beta on hold and inviting everyone in to Pirate101 for a few hours (2:00pm to 8:00 pm US Central) on Thursday, October 4th, 2012! It’s a special public sneak peek of Pirate101.

Instructions

1. Login to Pirate101.com now and download the game installer early -- note that you will not be able to update and launch the game until 2:00 pm US Central on October 4th 2012.
2. Login between 2:00 and 8:00 pm US Central Time on October 4th and play as much as you want for free!
3. At 8:00 pm US Central, we will take our servers offline and return the game to a state where only Closed Beta players have access.
4. Uninstall Pirate101 until our official launch date on October 15th.
5. If you want to keep playing in the Closed Beta or during the one week Head Start beginning October 8th, see our pre-sale bundle page for more information.

Special Notes

Access MAY be limited – so check back here for more details and updates on availability!

As a reminder, all characters will be deleted before the game launches.
This is not considered Closed Beta Access. And therefore no Beta rewards will be given to those who only play the game during the Sneak Peek event.

Not sure I want to download the preview game, but I thought those of you who didn't get into the beta might be interested. :)

I caught this earlier this evening on facebook and went in and played for about an hour.

I have to say it looked pretty interesting

Definitely will give this a chance when its open

Ill be playing Pirate 101, already had bought the bundle when it was released and was included to play Beta. Our entire family plays Wizard 101 (3 generations to be exact) My husband and myself and our son who just turned 7 and my father. Its our family time. We skype and go in and do different quests together :thumbsup2 What i like about Pirates is that the game play is different than wizards, but still has the amazing graphics and great storylines :goodvibes We are all looking foward to playing it on Monday (when those that bought the bundle/card) goes live, and then it starts for everyone on the 18th of October :hyper:

Hi Alice, hi Aengus. I've played in Beta for several months now. Really recommend it to my old VMK chums. Look forward to seeing what you think, Tazgirl, as to whether it's fun for your family the way Wizard 101 is.

have any of you beta players found a particular class to be an easier start than the others?

Hi Aengus.
I'm partial to the Privateer class due to some useful healing talents which come in handy during the bigger boss battles. Like Wizard 101, however, each class has its strengths and weaknesses so I'd say it comes down to preferred play style. A very nice addition to the game is that you pick up "crewmembers" as you go along. These are from the different classes so that you can balance some of your avatar's weaknesses. You can also select which of the crew you want to be your First Mate. You will usually have 2 to 3 crew members join you in battle. They obtain training points along the way so you can build them up along with your own experience.

You can also purchase pets that will turn up occasionally although you can't control them directly the way you can your avatar and crew members.

Don't hesitate to ask more questions. I'll be glad to try to answer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!