Pirate themed Nursery

camara381

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone! We are wanting to create a mickey pirate themed nursery for our baby due in october. does anyone have any ideas? i am having a hard time coming up with a design...PLEASE HELP :scared1:

You would likely want to stay in the brown/tan and red family for colors in the room. You could get or make pirate themed sketches to hang on the wall...oh!or maybe an old map! In one corner, you could put a stuffed dog with keys in its mouth...if you have a dresser, you could find some really elaborate gold handles for it...

Just a few thoughts. Congrats!

That would be so adorable!! you know what I did(we decorated our entire condo as pirates), we went to our local second hand store, to find some really old cast iron glasses, and older styled glass bottles and other items. The other big key to this, get yourself a couple pirates flags at your local dollar store(or online)and these plants below(all fake of course). You have to give your baby room, the look of being on an island.

I would have shown you our house, but we recently had a major flood, so its barely liveable-so cant share those photos.

The first picture on the link, is what our entire condo looks like. It's beautiful.
http://www.google.ca/imgres?q=exoti...38&tbnw=85&start=0&ndsp=17&ved=1t:429,r:7,s:0

I would paint the walls to look like the ocean and sky, paint an island on one wall with a treasure chest and some birds flying around and flying fish or dolphins jumping out of the water. Make the bed the pirate ship - I've actually seen pirate ship beds for sale but since it's for a baby just use a regular crib, paint a mast and crow's nest and put a "sail" on the wall above the bed. You could buy a treasure chest for toys (be sure to put the slow closing hinges on it to childproof). This would be a fun room to design!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!