Pirate Night Buffet on Fantasy??

Thanks for all the great info guys! My first Disney Cruise was on the Magic and I had no idea a pirate buffet ever happened. I was just curious to try it this time. Sounds a little crazy, but worth a shot. I have late seating, but I am not a big fan of the Pirate night menu in the MDRs so I may just eat VERY light at dinner and have me'self a Turkey Leg. LOL :)

As a CM observing the madness on multiple occasions, some people take that buffet way too seriously! :upsidedow
Makes great people-watching though when you're not allowed to move from your spot!

I didn't go because of all the stories so can't say how it's like with my own eyes but my husband described it similarly.... the people watching and heaps of plates like they have been kept in a dungeon and going to get every one's of money's worth in crepes and turkey legs. It sounds like witnessing the closest form of modern day gluttony.

Last edited:
Yep! Follow the swarming horde and you'll find the feeding frenzy. Just be prepared to take your life into your hands - NOT recommended if you're claustrophobic!
OMG! This! When we went to check it out, you would have sworn that these people hadn't eaten in weeks. It was pure mayhem. Never again will we be going to the pirate buffet.

I had late seating one cruise and went to the pirate buffet. I managed like 2 bites of a taco and a piece of fruit and was done lol

We always have late seating. I went to the Pirate Party by myself on one cruise as DW was under the weather. I went to the buffet, got a cookie and couldn't finish it I was still so stuffed from dinner.

We missed the buffet the first two cruises (unaware) but discovered it by accident the next cruise. We cruised in March on the Magic and went looking for it but it was not to be found. Have they discontinued it?

OMG! This! When we went to check it out, you would have sworn that these people hadn't eaten in weeks. It was pure mayhem. Never again will we be going to the pirate buffet.

same. we tried to go on our 1st cruise, noticed the mayhem, turned around and have NEVER been back to the pirate buffet since... I think people want to ensure they squeeze every "free / complimentary /included" item out of their cruise...

I will confess we were of part of the piggy brigade. My friend knew about the buffet due to previous sailings and told us about the great desserts including a chocolate fountain, something I had never seen before, so we cut down on our dinner intake and saved our appetites. In all honesty, I don't remember there being anything but desserts.

A little off topic:

With the buffet moved inside, do they still decorate the deck? My favorite pic from our 2008 Magic cruise is of my grandson in full Captain Hook garb and my friend's son in full Jack Sparrow garb standing in front of a treasure chest scene out on deck. I was hoping to get something similar with my granddaughters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter