Pirate Night Buffet on Fantasy??

DisneySunPrincess

Mouseketeer
Can anyone who has been aboard the Fantasy recently confirm that they are still doing the Pirate Night Buffet in Cabanas? What time does it start/end? Any idea why it does not appear to be publicized in the Navigators?? Thanks in advance

Can anyone who has been aboard the Fantasy recently confirm that they are still doing the Pirate Night Buffet in Cabanas? What time does it start/end? Any idea why it does not appear to be publicized in the Navigators?? Thanks in advance
Well, it's not "publicized" as in any sort of advertisement (like with a picture or in the grid schedule). But it's listed in the section that lists the Dining & Lounges hours. Under "Late Night Snacks". It's pretty short 10:45-11:15.

Well, it's not "publicized" as in any sort of advertisement (like with a picture or in the grid schedule). But it's listed in the section that lists the Dining & Lounges hours. Under "Late Night Snacks". It's pretty short 10:45-11:15.

Yep! Follow the swarming horde and you'll find the feeding frenzy. Just be prepared to take your life into your hands - NOT recommended if you're claustrophobic!

The last time we a did the buffet on the Magic was in 2003, it was the midnight buffet and I think it started at 1030/1100. I don't remember how long it was open for back then.
But opening for only 30 minutes is what I'm guessing causes the mad dash............ no thanks. That seems like an awful lot of work for 30 minutes, DCL should probably rethink it.
I think I remember in 2012 that they offered something out on deck after pirate party, anyone else remember that? I think it was just desserts.

The last time we a did the buffet on the Magic was in 2003, it was the midnight buffet and I think it started at 1030/1100. I don't remember how long it was open for back then.
But opening for only 30 minutes is what I'm guessing causes the mad dash............ no thanks. That seems like an awful lot of work for 30 minutes, DCL should probably rethink it.
I think I remember in 2012 that they offered something out on deck after pirate party, anyone else remember that? I think it was just desserts.
They had the Pirate night buffet on the pool deck on our Magic cruise. That's the way DCL did it (back then). I also remember it as being only fruits/desserts, but I don't really recall
dessert buffet magic 2008 dcp_1356.jpg dessert buffet magic 2008 dcp_1358.jpg

Once the new ships were built, there wasn't enough room to put the buffet on their pool decks, so they started doing it in the buffet. Worked out so well, they moved the Magic class buffet into the buffet also. And shortened the time.

I love it because I have EVERYTHING chocolate I could find LOL :) I won't go for real food, just the scrumptious desserts.

I remember it recently being fruit, crepe bar, turkey legs, cookies and a mexican/taco bar.

There were definitely a lot of people there

The other thing to point out with the Pirate buffet is that it is right after the pirate show/fireworks, but DURING the Pirate dancing that they do after the Pirate show. So if we had stayed to watch/participate in the dancing on deck after the main show, we would have missed the whole buffet.

Also, many people on the ship (at all the buffets, not just the pirate one) are used to "normal" buffets" where you all stand in one line at the front of the buffet and wait your turn, then go all the way down the line. In my experience, this is not what DCL intends for you to do at their buffets. If you want the first item nearest the door, then by all means wait for it, but if you want something that is halfway down, you are welcome to go down to that area and wait behind only the people getting that. This keeps the whole line moving better, instead of waiting behind people for something you don't want and accidentally holding up the whole line.

So on pirate night, when the doors opened, actually a few minutes after the doors opened, we went in, found a table and then went to the parts of the buffet we were interested in, with little waiting, but without cutting anyone off. (I think we went for the tacos, the baked potato toppings and the desserts.)

They had it last week on the Fantasy. I believe it started when the fireworks ended, but we waited a bit before we went to check it out.

It's not like you haven't just had dinner a couple of hours before...

It is not meant to be a meal but snacks. Yet most people act like they've been kept locked in some kind of ship cellar with nothing to eat.

Well, yes, I wasn't concerned that people were actually starving. It just seems like making the window longer would reduce a lot of the congestion, and Disney is usually really on top of methods to ease crowding problems.

Well, yes, I wasn't concerned that people were actually starving. It just seems like making the window longer would reduce a lot of the congestion, and Disney is usually really on top of methods to ease crowding problems.
I think the short hours reflects the fact that, most of the time, DCL closes up all venues by 10 or 11 at night. It's not really an "all night party" ship.

We've waited to go to the buffet until closer to 11 and it really wasn't as frantic as it is at opening.

I really don't think it's the time factor as much as it is people going FOOD!!!!! Especially considering the heaping plates I saw.

Have never gone to the buffet yet...doubt we'll go in 2 weeks either. The crowds don't appeal to me nor does eating (again) an hour or so after dinner and so close to bed time. I really used to like all the chocolate midnight buffets years ago though (not DCL).

Have never gone to the buffet yet...doubt we'll go in 2 weeks either. The crowds don't appeal to me nor does eating (again) an hour or so after dinner and so close to bed time. I really used to like all the chocolate midnight buffets years ago though (not DCL).
Well, DCL used to have the midnight chocolate buffet, also. But relegated it to special long cruises around 2012 (had it on our Hawaii cruise). But it's disappeared now.

The other thing to point out with the Pirate buffet is that it is right after the pirate show/fireworks, but DURING the Pirate dancing that they do after the Pirate show. So if we had stayed to watch/participate in the dancing on deck after the main show, we would have missed the whole buffet.

Also, many people on the ship (at all the buffets, not just the pirate one) are used to "normal" buffets" where you all stand in one line at the front of the buffet and wait your turn, then go all the way down the line. In my experience, this is not what DCL intends for you to do at their buffets. If you want the first item nearest the door, then by all means wait for it, but if you want something that is halfway down, you are welcome to go down to that area and wait behind only the people getting that. This keeps the whole line moving better, instead of waiting behind people for something you don't want and accidentally holding up the whole line.

So on pirate night, when the doors opened, actually a few minutes after the doors opened, we went in, found a table and then went to the parts of the buffet we were interested in, with little waiting, but without cutting anyone off. (I think we went for the tacos, the baked potato toppings and the desserts.)
They actually midway through on the 21 July Magic began saying if you want meat stay in the line out the door (traditional buffet people) deserts go around this line. Eased up congestion so much

I mean you REALLY have to work hard to get all the meals in!!! :) It's tough but it can be done! I recall going in and just browsing.. having eaten a 4 course meal during early sitting which ended just a couple hours earlier.. What happens if you had late sitting?! We brought some snax back to the room but really weren't hungy in any stretch of the imagination. :crazy2:

I mean you REALLY have to work hard to get all the meals in!!! :) It's tough but it can be done! I recall going in and just browsing.. having eaten a 4 course meal during early sitting which ended just a couple hours earlier.. What happens if you had late sitting?! We brought some snax back to the room but really weren't hungy in any stretch of the imagination. :crazy2:
I had late seating one cruise and went to the pirate buffet. I managed like 2 bites of a taco and a piece of fruit and was done lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter