Pirate Cruise

snookhams

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
We are thinking of booking DS's aged 10 & 6 on the Pirate Cruise during our holiday (vacation) but we don't know of anyone that has ever done it!!! Is it worth doing and if so do you think that eldest DS is too old, but youngest won't go without him, we were thinking of doing the Pirates Adventure meal in the evening of the same day to round it off, anyone any comments. Thanks

My DS who will be 10 and my DD who will be 7 are going on the Pirate Cruise on 6/24.
From these boards - my DS found another boy who will be 10 on the Pirate cruise
he is going on. They are becoming pen-pals before the both go to WDW.
We are from the North-East. The other 10 year old is from the Mid-West (I hope I have
that right). The Moms have also been e-mailing back and forth. The boys will meet each other
on the Pirate cruise. :) Magic Happens !

When I talked to the WDW reservationist, he said most of the kids are school aged (over 6).
Only a very bold, independent 6 or 7 year old would go without an older sibling
attending with them. They will not give you ages of the other kids on the boat you reserve.

If you think your child wants to do it - there are only TEN spots on the Pirate Cruise.
Call at your 120 day mark.
There is a $15 non-refundable cancellation fee.
Not sure what the policy is if it raining and an act of God cancells the Pirate Cruise.

Originally posted by pooh2001

Only a very bold, independent 6 or 7 year old would go without an older sibling
attending with them.

LOL... obviously you have never met my ds... no one who knows him even casually would describe him as bold, and I don't think he is any more independent than any other well-adjusted 7 yo. He did the Pirate Cruise last year (he was about 6 1/2 at the time), and he didn't know anyone else on the boat... he met another little boy with his same "quiet personality", and they got on the pontoon boat together.

side note: The only child who DIDN'T want to get on the boat was accompanied by her two older siblings!!!

When we went back to the dock to pick him up, I was worried about my "poor baby" out there alone on the "ship".... as the boat came back in, all you could hear were young voices singing "YO HO HO IT'S THE PIRATE'S LIFE FOR ME!" He had a grand time, and still talks about it all of the time, a year later. He can't wait to do it again.

My only warning is that if you don't like listening to the song in POC, DON'T send your child on this cruise... they will sing it ad nauseum for weeks!!

Yes your kids should do it, and no they are not too old. Mine were 4 and 6 when they went in December, and they had a really great time!! There were older kids as well, and everyone seemed to love it. Just make sure you call as soon as you're able, since it does fill up quickly.

If you can get a reservation while you are there I would recommend this. My girls did it last March at 5 & 7, along with my neices who were 6 and 9 at the time. A wonderful time was had by all and my 9yo neice was not the oldest. They have a pirates adventure reading the maps, singing songs and digging for buried treasure - no age limit on that, right?

TJ

QUOTE]we were thinking of doing the Pirates Adventure meal in the evening of the same day to round it off,[/QUOTE]

What is the Pirates Adventure meal? It sounds interesting, but I've never heard about it.

HookdonWDW-- That must have been my DD who wouldn't go with her two older siblings!!! This was the beginning of June last year, and she was 3 1/2 at the time. I knew she would not go since she had never been away from me, but I let her try. This year she's a "big girl" after a year in PreK, and she's planning on going with her two brothers!!!

They caught in rain during that trip and ended up being about an extra hour out!

We got him into his life jacket, slathered him w/ sunscreen, and handed him a disposable camera. He was off like a shot! He didn't even wave as they pulled out; he was too busy checking out the boat's wake.

He had such a blast he's going to do it again this visit. The cruise and the Sandcastle club were the first two things he asked about when we started planning the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter