pirate cruise or tea party or character meal??

savannah

Earning My Ears
We are on a limited budget. I have 3 kids, 3 and 7, girls, 9 1/2 boy. If we did not "splurge" what do you think, a character meal (at about $75 for our family) or let the older kids do the pirate cruise or the girls do the tea party and give my son his portion to "blow" somewhere, which he would probably choose, the way he likes to spend money!!

Opinions on what is the best entertainment "bang" for your buck!

ps we are staying with friends who live in Orlando, our free Bed and Breakfast.

It's me again, I would love some input about the pirate cruise vs the tea party or a character breakfast. Thisis our kids first trip to Disney. We are trying to decide where to splurge, what the kids would truely enjoy and remember. I'm pretty practical, so I hate to spend $22 per kid for something that "it's ok" kind of thing.

The pirate cruise is 2 hours and tea party only 1 hour. Each child gets a bag of treasures from the cruise. Save on buying other souveniers. I would however recommend the Grand Adventures in Cooking. It is only $15.00 and lasts 2 hours. The girls would love it and so would you boy. Both of my boys ages 9 & 10 loved the cooking. The decorate a very nice apron and chefs hat and hand out cookies. The apron and hat are great reminders of the trip.
If you wanted to squeeze in a character breakfast, Cinderellas breakfast is really fairly cheap. You have to eat anyway and this would really be a unique experience. The kids will have fun with any of these things. I wouldn't worry at all about leaving the three year old in one of these programs especially since she will have her siblings with her.

Thanks, we are going to Cindy's on May 10th, that is a Thursday at 740am. I think just the girls and I are going to that. DH and DS are going to Disney quest. I got the impression that the pirate cruise was better? Also, where do I find out info about the cooking class?

I don't know how to post a link, so if you do a search you can find more information on the cooking. I highly recommend this for any child. It was the most memorable thing we did in 10 days at Disney. That last sentence made it sound like the rest was boring, but it was all great. ToT and RnR were big hits also. But, the cooking fun really was the greatest.

You can look on this web site(don't know how to do a link) www.wdwig.com and click on the grand adventures for kids. It had the three programs listed that are available at the Grand Floridian. My son loves the pirate cruise, and my daughter loved the tea party. Tho they want to do the cruise again, we have opted for the Grand Adventures in Cooking, because we have done the others. This year my littlest one will be old enough. I told them about the cooking class and they seem really excited about it.

Robi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!