Pirate and pals fireworks cruise

AinsleyLM

Mouseketeer
Has anyone ever done the Pirate and pals fireworks cruise? Was it worth the price? We have a little boy who has almost grown past his pirate love, but he still has Captain Hook on his bucket list to meet!

We loved it! My kids are 9 and 6. The pre-cruise party was a lot of fun. That is where you meet Hook & Smee. The cruise was nice. Our pirate host was funny and we had a good time. The view of the fireworks was great, although we were on the better side of the boat (seats are assigned). It is a late night, but my kids did better than I thought they would.

Has anyone ever done the Pirate and pals fireworks cruise? Was it worth the price? We have a little boy who has almost grown past his pirate love, but he still has Captain Hook on his bucket list to meet!
We have done this & it was worth it,especially if your son loves Hook!
The meet and greet happens in a party room in the contemporary hotel along with treats and snacks. Smee is also there to meet. There is plenty of time to spend with them and it is a great photo opportunity.

The cruise itself was also fun, with a pirate captain “emcee” who tells jokes and keeps the night entertaining.

You meet a “special guest” after you get off the boat (Peter Pan) which a really fun extra. I would recommend it while your son still has interest; it’s really a one time experience.

Thank you for your responses! He is my nephew, although I’m really momma #2 due to some unfortunate circumstances with my soon to be ex brother-in-law. Do you think it is worth it for 4 year olds (twin girls) as well? We didn’t make it to any fireworks with them last time and are hoping to make it to at least one show this time since they will be over a year older.

I can't speak for the age, but my 9 year old is a girl and she loved it. 4 seems a little young for the late night. My daughter would have been fine at 4, but not my son. I don't think he would have been able to stay up that late at age 4.

I think we had to be at the contemporary at 7:45 and we got back to our resort (Boardwalk) around midnight.

I can't speak for the age, but my 9 year old is a girl and she loved it. 4 seems a little young for the late night. My daughter would have been fine at 4, but not my son. I don't think he would have been able to stay up that late at age 4.

I think we had to be at the contemporary at 7:45 and we got back to our resort (Boardwalk) around midnight.

Yea, the time worries me, but the day I am thinking for it is the night before our rest day. The only thing planned the next day is the Bon Voyage breakfast at 1030, so we can sleep in some if the kids allow it. And we will have a vehicle

My cousins did it in Aug. w/a DS10 and DD7 and thought it was worth it. Their DD does not like loud noises, so it was a good way to watch fireworks for them. The only thing to note is if it is a party nite, it will start later. Maybe because they were there for first year MNSSHP started in Aug., there was a glitch as they were told to arrive at regular time, maybe 7:30, and got there to discover it was actually a later check-in due to party fireworks schedule. So then had to wait an hour, which was ok as they rested and charged phones, but made it a late nite for the kids.

We really, really enjoyed it. My kids (10 and 11 at the time) enjoyed the endless snacks, the meeting with Smee and Hook, and the view of the fireworks. It was just fun and laid back and we would do it again.

We do it every time we are at Disney. We are going again in three weeks and have this scheduled.

Good to see these great reviews. We have this booked for my daughter's birthday this summer. She will be turning 8. I have read some mixed reviews so I was a bit hesitant to book it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter