Pins - Are my kids too old for this? 15 & 12?

WDWorld2003

DIS Veteran
I've been reading about pin trading and just wondering if my kids would get into this? I see they are half price at our Disney Store so I thought I might pick some up....... Thanks for any info....:D

Hi WDWorld2003,

I wouldn't think your kids would be too old for pin trading---actually they are probably at just the right age to appreciate the fun and value of the hobby;)

Have fun!

Never to old to collect the pins! You will probably see more older kids and adults pin trading!

Gave my 12 yr old nephew and 17 yr old niece lanyards and 6 pins each for Xmas prior to their trip!
The 12 yr old really got into it and came home with 37 pins, apparently trading with everyone.
The 17 yr old however wasn't interested and gave her 6 pins to her brother to trade.
I guess it depends on the kids.....

I think it depends on the kids. My DS 11 and DD 7 responded to pin trading completely opposite to what I had expected. The 7yo decided she didn't want to trade any of her pins and just kept toting them around--she even said no thank you to CM's who offered her the opportunity. DS on the other hand went wild with it, spending a good chunk of his souvie money on pins and came home to introduce it to both of my parents who will be going in the spring. He's hooked. I bought DD a few doubles when the DS had them half price in case that was her hang up. She has her lanyard all filled up and was showing it off last night. Something about I'll only trade for tinkerbelles!

13 DS is pin crazy. He wasn't interested at 11 at all, 2 1/2 yrs later he was buying and trading like crazy.

I'm 41, does that make me too old for pin trading? My DD is 9 and it is a great thing that we do together. My DW stands there and shakes her head at the two of us, but smiles when we find one of our favorites. We also trade for pins that my DW would like.

My two nieces ages 10 and 12 went pin crazy on their trip, then my kids ages 6 and 9 got into it on our trip. My other sister thought it was all a silly waste of $$ until...... you guessed it, she was in WDW over New Years and got totally hooked on the pins. Boy have we had fun razzing her!!!;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter