Pinocchio's Village Haus buffet???

I think you imagined it.

There is a breakfast buffet there during Early Morning Magic.

I saw the rumor. In the article it mentions the adult price is $22. That alone is enough to make me think the whole thing is false.

It sounds like a good idea, though. We’d definitely check it out.

You read it and it's a RUMOR, both the article and my post anyway state clearly it's a rumor.

But one with details on name and price ...

So if BOG dinner is no longer your cup of tea ................... RUMOR MILL says you may have a new option .......... right down to a name ........

"There have been a lot of changes to the in-park restaurants lately, including Be Our Guest changing to a Prix Fixe Signature Meal for Dinner starting in July. Now a new rumor is going around that a Dinner Buffet is coming to Pinocchio Village Haus in Disney’s Magic Kingdom. According to rumors the Pinocchio Village Haus will remain a quick service restaurant at lunchtime (like Be Our Guest), but for Dinner it will transform into a table service dining experience.

Cast members are saying the name of this dinner will be “Gepetto’s Village Haus Buffet”, and the pricing actually seems quite reasonable: $22 per adult and $12 per child. In fact it seems really low considering it’s a buffet and most quick service entrees around the Magic Kingdom run from $11-$15 already."

Source:
https://tinyurl.com/y77ms5pp

Last edited:

I'm not sure I believe it, but it wouldn't surprise me. At first I thought it was crazy, but when I saw the price I thought that wouldn't be terrible for a buffet of PVH food!

I think you imagined it.

There is a breakfast buffet there during Early Morning Magic.

BUT ... the EMM seems pretty popular, they know how to make a buffet work in there, maybe it's not busy at dinner as much as other places ...

It's a rumor but looks like it could be very real.
$22 adult price special for italian buffet at dinner.

If they keep it really basic and keep it PVH quality food ... it could be right ...

Seems low for pricing. Also seems to cut into the already not-hard-to-get Tony's.

It does but again, keep it basic counter food, easy to serve .... and it is the same price as TTS spaghetti for no buffet ........... every body not eating dinner in the park is money lost. Basic pastas, salad, rolls, some "meatballs" and a couple desserts.

I'm not sure I believe it, but it wouldn't surprise me. At first I thought it was crazy, but when I saw the price I thought that wouldn't be terrible for a buffet of PVH food!

Same price for one plate of spaghetti at TSS, but you get PVH quality .... which ironically could be the same thing.

I don't like the food at Pinnochio's Village, but I would definitely come to try if they add Pinnochio and Jimmy as character's meeting

Which could mean the price is right ...................... but no way there are ANY characters for that price. EMM which is crazy priced doesn't even include them, just little statues on the table.

BUT ... the EMM seems pretty popular, they know how to make a buffet work in there, maybe it's not busy at dinner as much as other places ...

If they keep it really basic and keep it PVH quality food ... it could be right ...

It does but again, keep it basic counter food, easy to serve .... and it is the same price as TTS spaghetti for no buffet ........... every body not eating dinner in the park is money lost. Basic pastas, salad, rolls, some "meatballs" and a couple desserts.

Same price for one plate of spaghetti at TSS, but you get PVH quality .... which ironically could be the same thing.

Which could mean the price is right ...................... but no way there are ANY characters for that price. EMM which is crazy priced doesn't even include them, just little statues on the table.
I definitely agree that it’s probably appropriate real-world pricing. That’s just not in keeping with the Disney we’ve come to know and love ;) IMO anyway. (And I say this as a person who gladly pays buffet prices in Disney most nights of every trip)

I read that as well and wasn't sure rumour or not, so glad to have that straight. I think I would enjoy it, but I'm not sure it makes sense with Tony's already available. And $22 sounds way to good to be true considering it costs $24 for a few pastries and very underwhelming, relatively small portioned breakfast at BOG.

I definitely agree that it’s probably appropriate real-world pricing. That’s just not in keeping with the Disney we’ve come to know and love ;) IMO anyway. (And I say this as a person who gladly pays buffet prices in Disney most nights of every trip)

I agree with you ........... but if this is PVH quality food ....... while I think it will go up, and this could be the bait to get folks hooked - there is not way PVH (which isn't really set up for buffet) food without characters could creep up too high. Trail's End is $32 per person but offers shrimp, ribs, roasted meats, fried chicken and more. I think this would likely be pretty limited.

Who knows, the price could be wrong or the whole thing just some CMs spoofing them.

I saw something about this too, here:

https://wdwnt.com/2018/02/pinocchio...ic-kingdom-begin-table-service-dinner-buffet/

I’m not sure I’d book until after they begin service...I’d want to read some accounts of how the food is. The pricing really isn’t too bad though.

Yeah, but people pay $22 for one plate of pasta at TSS, so I agree pricing isn't bad.

From your article quote:
"The lineup should include “Italian food” offerings such as multiple salads, baked ziti, meatballs, pasta alfredo, chicken parmesan, flatbreads, breadsticks, cannolis, and Italian cakes."

I think if $22 is right ... and this menu is right .... good luck getting an ADR ...

Question by me is "will they take TIW?"

Last edited:
Yeah, but people pay $22 for one plate of pasta at TSS.

I think if $22 is right ... and this menu is right .... good luck getting an ADR ...

"The lineup should include “Italian food” offerings such as multiple salads, baked ziti, meatballs, pasta alfredo, chicken parmesan, flatbreads, breadsticks, cannolis, and Italian cakes."

Question by me is "will they take TIW?"

I think maybe you quoted the wrong poster? (Your post doesn’t seem to have anything to do with mine. :flower3:)

I guess my operational question would be: Why Pinocchio's? Do they have a revenue issue? Are they not popular as a QS? They've always seemed busy enough to me.

They could re-do Diamond Horseshoe again, which wouldn't be hard to set up for buffet style. Tortuga Tavern is underutilized, and while it might not naturally scream pasta, they could turn it away from BBQ to something else. Refurb the old restaurant on Tom Sawyer Island, perhaps.

Why Pinocchio's?

I think maybe you quoted the wrong poster? (Your post doesn’t seem to have anything to do with mine. :flower3:)

I guess I could have worded different. I just included a quote from the article you shared that actually included menu items. That line in the article was what my other lines were referring to .... (it's Friday .... brain is done). I tried to fix. :D

I guess my operational question would be: Why Pinocchio's? Do they have a revenue issue? Are they not popular as a QS? They've always seemed busy enough to me.

They could re-do Diamond Horseshoe again, which wouldn't be hard to set up for buffet style. Tortuga Tavern is underutilized, and while it might not naturally scream pasta, they could turn it away from BBQ to something else. Refurb the old restaurant on Tom Sawyer Island, perhaps.

Why Pinocchio's?

Why .... I mean why with many things they do but ...

- It is packed at lunch, doesn't seem to be bad at dinner.
- Folks in this price point are QS diners, that will buy up,
but I don't think they will buy up to the Diamond Horseshoe price.
- Diamond Horseshoe is much more expensive when open, using LTT kitchen.
- Tortuga has always had very limited menu, I don't think their
kitchen could handle this and then they'd put pressure on Peco kitchen.
- And Tortuga is almost all outdoor seating with no way to control access,
it would never work for a buffet.
- Tom Sawyer ... way too inconvenient and it's closed at night.

If this is true, it might be a temporary fix for now. They may have found lines at places too long with current crowds. It might be a test for something else more permanent. Could be there is something else going down and this will make up for it.

When Tron opens, and if they do anything else ............. they better up the food options because we think MK is crowded now ........

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter