Pink Sure Loves Attention

I watch The Today Show every morning and have never heard mention of Pink or Chrissy Tiegan. Then again I typically watch for the news and I turn it off and head to work right after Hoda's Morning Boost which is about an hour and ten minutes after the show starts and the news just repeats and they start in with the human interest stories and infotainment stuff.

Pop Start is on typically after Hoda’s Morning boost around 8:15-8:45. Carson is typically the one to do it.

They weren't wanting to protect her child. They were wanting to shame her. She is quite capable of protecting her child, she has done it before from paparazzi.

A perv seeing a child's picture online somewhere is not the same thing as knowing when and where to find a particular child. And a child as protected as those of a celebrity is not truly in danger. Besides how many times has it been said over and over and over, more children are kidnapped, molested , or abused by someone they know than by someone they don't know so the chance is much much greater for a child to be molested by Uncle Joe Bob than by a random perv on the internet.

I said I don’t agree with shaming. I’m sure some were doing it just to be jerks, but I bet a some were genuine fans that were talking to her like you would a friend. And I don’t care if you’re a celeb or a nobody like me, it’s not worth the risk for some perv to download the picture to use for inappropriate means. Even PP said a baby diaper pic got 1000 hits way too soon. As a parent it makes total sense to me to be protective about your child’s image online, esp when they are not fully clothed.

My point was never about physical sexual abuse, but those perverts who download images to share with one another. I don’t want my child’s image to be a part of that. The mere thought makes me ill, as I imagine it would for any parent — including Pink.

Last edited:
If it bugged you that much, you could change the channel or stop reading the article.

Yep. This is why I seldom watch TV news and never morning shows - because most of their content is frivolous to the point of absurdity. Yes, the moose playing in the sprinkler is cute but does it really deserve its own segment without even a mention of record-setting 90 degree temps in Alaska? And really, who cares which celebrity has a "baby bump"?

Ok. I get what the guy is trying to say but those things don't/aren't supposed to happen in a Catholic church :eek: Not seeing the picture and not knowing the context of the memorial at first I was like oh heck no! Ya get your kids under control! Knowing what the artist wants it to be? Maybe, I would let them run around. But ,probably not because I would always be thinking about how would it make the survivers feel. Maybe they would like that..who knows!?!

I think he was using catholic with a small c, not specifically referencing the Roman Catholic faith. A universal place for everyone and everything, not a sacred space significant to one particular group.

They weren't wanting to protect her child. They were wanting to shame her.

Exactly. I remember once listening to two of my young adult children in a discussion of one of these "shaming" things, and actually, I think it was about Pink. If not her, some other female musician/celeb my daughter likes. Anyway, the celeb posted pictures with her kids at a zoo and the PETA crowd apparently lost their minds about her exposing her children to the cruelty of animals in captivity and reinforcing the idea that enjoying said cruelty is a wholesome family activity. My daughter, a future conservation biologist, thought this was absurd to the extreme... but it apparently caused quite the stir online.

I don’t follow Gwyneth Paltrow in any way, so I don’t know anything about what she’s doing now. You have to be looking for news to find it. So, if you know Tiegens every micro-thought (your words) you’re actively consuming it.
Yeah I always wonder about those that complain about some celebrity’s postings and yet continues to follow them.
I don't know that it's one specific celebrity over another though just a lot of that sort of 'news' headlines.

Now I'm not saying it bugs me just saying how one can see the trends without actually reading nor caring about them lol.

I admit I watch TMZ Live. :duck: Mostly, it's so I'm not totally clueless about what's going on in pop culture/entertainment. Yet, I mostly watch for the celebs who actually do some good with their fame & celebrity, like championing good causes.

What I like about TMZ Live is that on the left side of the screen they list each topic they are going to talk about. I record TMZ Live precisely so I can fast forward through the people I am totally not interested in. Out of an hour show, I end up watching about 12 min total, most days. :lmao:

And when I'm around to watch Entertainment Tonight, I'm usually doing other things at the same time, so my focus is elsewhere. I often happen to just look up when someone I'm interested is on, then go back to what I'm doing when their segment is over. For the details of random celebs to STICK in my brain, so that I have continuous details about the ongoings of their lives, I have to be actively paying attention. for it to go in and then stick. What little I know about Chrissy Teigan, Gwyneth Paltrow, any of the Kardashians, I know I'm not interested in them. So, even though I watch these shows, I don't know much about them.

She loves her kids and posts pictures no different than the rest of the world. I see baby pictures with kids in bathtubs all the time. Should they be shamed for it?
Yes, it's different. Where does the rest of the world post pictures of their young children nude from the waist down?
I watch The Today Show every morning and have never heard mention of Pink or Chrissy Tiegan.
Chrissy Tiegan is married to Grammy winner John Legend. Guessing that didn't help much?

Yes, it's different. Where does the rest of the world post pictures of their young children nude from the waist down?

Chrissy Tiegan is married to Grammy winner John Legend.

LOL I know who she is 😁 ....just never heard her mentioned on the Today Show. It is apparently because I tune out after they stop doing the news.

Sometimes when there is a story on my news feed about Chrissy Tiegan clapping back, I made a rude, crude, or lewd comment hoping she'll give me the same treatment, but, alas, she never responds.

Chrissy Tiegan is married to Grammy winner John Legend. Guessing that didn't help much?

All the time! How many people have made pictures of their babies laying naked on their tummy? Or getting bathed? Or the toddlers in the tub? And now these pictures get posted online.

I said I don’t agree with shaming. I’m sure some were doing it just to be jerks, but I bet a some were genuine fans that were talking to her like you would a friend.
I doubt anyone could be a genuine fan of P!nk that long and still believe that those comments were friendly.

I doubt anyone could be a genuine fan of P!nk that long and still believe that those comments were friendly.

I never read them so I was speculating. I don't follow any celebrity.

But I do like Pinks music, and if I was huge fan and saw that pic (I never saw it) it is quite possible I would've tweeted back about taking the image down for her kids safety. I have done that to a friend, so I could imagine a fan doing the same thing.

And just out of curiosity do any of you guys who are defending Pink so adamantly on this pic have kids? I just can see as a parent why you are so strong in her defense? I get you don't like she was shamed, but can you see my side (I am not judging her) just trying to protect a child's image from getting downloaded into a pedophiles computer?

I never read them so I was speculating. I don't follow any celebrity.

But I do like Pinks music, and if I was huge fan and saw that pic (I never saw it) it is quite possible I would've tweeted back about taking the image down for her kids safety. I have done that to a friend, so I could imagine a fan doing the same thing.

And just out of curiosity do any of you guys who are defending Pink so adamantly on this pic have kids? I just can see as a parent why you are so strong in her defense? I get you don't like she was shamed, but can you see my side (I am not judging her) just trying to protect a child's image from getting downloaded into a pedophiles computer?

Yes, I have three kids and three grandkids.

But, I know that anyone can download anything and manipulate any picture to be what they want. I know that pedophiles aren't just looking for pictures that show a child's body parts. They can use any picture of any child, even those that are deemed "innocent". And I can't do a hill of beans about it. I can have any of my accounts set as private as I can and I do, but it can still happen. Its not something I choose to be paranoid about. . It is sickening to think someone may use my child's image or ANY child's image in that manner but again, I don't choose to be paranoid about it. And I will not make my grandkids paranoid about it (none of them have social media but still).

The kid didn't pose for the picture half naked. She was capturing a moment in their lives and didn't even realize he had taken off his swim diaper. Please tell me you don't think she is the only parent that has done that. . She was more involved in the special moment in her children's lives than worrying about what some sick person may or may not do with the picture. She was being there for her kids.

And I am not just defending her on this picture, there have been others.

She also posted a picture of her cooking. She was wearing the youngest in a cloth sling and her daughter was sitting on stool close by. They attacked by saying she wasn't putting safety first. She was THERE for her kids in a world where too many parents (celebrities included) are not. It was a picture of a lovely moment and yet, she was attacked for it.

Either her or her husband posted a picture of Willow shooing a gun. And the firestorm began. These are intelligent people, I am pretty sure her husband knows all about gun safety and has been shooting since Willow's age himself. But yet, there are always those that know more and know better.

And honestly, it doesn't matter what anyone's intentions are. This is a grown man and woman that are doing a fabulous job raising their kids with jobs that take them away all the time. They are raising them to be as normal as humanly possible. They don't need anyone's advise on how to do it.

Yes, I have three kids and three grandkids.

But, I know that anyone can download anything and manipulate any picture to be what they want. I know that pedophiles aren't just looking for pictures that show a child's body parts. They can use any picture of any child, even those that are deemed "innocent". And I can't do a hill of beans about it. I can have any of my accounts set as private as I can and I do, but it can still happen. Its not something I choose to be paranoid about. . It is sickening to think someone may use my child's image or ANY child's image in that manner but again, I don't choose to be paranoid about it. And I will not make my grandkids paranoid about it (none of them have social media but still).

The kid didn't pose for the picture half naked. She was capturing a moment in their lives and didn't even realize he had taken off his swim diaper. Please tell me you don't think she is the only parent that has done that. . She was more involved in the special moment in her children's lives than worrying about what some sick person may or may not do with the picture. She was being there for her kids.

And I am not just defending her on this picture, there have been others.

She also posted a picture of her cooking. She was wearing the youngest in a cloth sling and her daughter was sitting on stool close by. They attacked by saying she wasn't putting safety first. She was THERE for her kids in a world where too many parents (celebrities included) are not. It was a picture of a lovely moment and yet, she was attacked for it.

Either her or her husband posted a picture of Willow shooing a gun. And the firestorm began. These are intelligent people, I am pretty sure her husband knows all about gun safety and has been shooting since Willow's age himself. But yet, there are always those that know more and know better.

And honestly, it doesn't matter what anyone's intentions are. This is a grown man and woman that are doing a fabulous job raising their kids with jobs that take them away all the time. They are raising them to be as normal as humanly possible. They don't need anyone's advise on how to do it.

I am not paranoid, just proactive. Of course I don't think she is the only parent who has done that. Give me a break. Geez, I just save pics like that for my family. YMMV

I know zip about the other pictures. I don't agree with shaming. But as you said she is intelligent, so she is intelligent enough to know when you put up certain pictures you are going to get blowback. The gun photo, she most certainly knew what she was doing.

Wow, I am glad you know they are perfect parents. But how can you know that through twitter? People only show what they want, you don't know what goes on behind closed doors.

Obviously, we don't see eye to eye on most of this. We both agree shaming is wrong. Let's go with that nugget and be done. No sense prolonging a discussion that is going nowhere.

I am not paranoid, just proactive. Of course I don't think she is the only parent who has done that. Give me a break. Geez, I just save pics like that for my family. YMMV

I know zip about the other pictures. I don't agree with shaming. But as you said she is intelligent, so she is intelligent enough to know when you put up certain pictures you are going to get blowback. The gun photo, she most certainly knew what she was doing.

Wow, I am glad you know they are perfect parents. But how can you know that through twitter? People only show what they want, you don't know what goes on behind closed doors.

Obviously, we don't see eye to eye on most of this. We both agree shaming is wrong. Let's go with that nugget and be done. No sense prolonging a discussion that is going nowhere.

I never said they were perfect parents. Those do not exist. I don't even have Twitter so not getting anything through twitter. But its obvious, just as it is with many parents out in the real world, who does and who doesn't spend quality time with their kids and are trying to raise them to the best of their ability.

They have the same right to post pictures as any other person does. Just like any mom, she thought it was cute picture and she posted it. If someone wanted to say "hey, not sure you noticed but xyz" that would be one thing but that isn't what happened.

Her husband posted the picture of their daughter with the gun (I googled to be sure) but no one honestly should have flip to say about it. He is doing what he feels is right for his kid and his family. If someone else chooses to never let their kid touch a gun, they also have that right. That is the biggest issue, no one should be pushing their choices on someone else.

Society today seems to be of the mindset that if you’re not telling them how fabulously wonderful they are at all times then you are negative, racist, bigoted, a hater, a shamer or any other such name.

It’s unfortunate that people who are parenting children don’t feel the need to teach them appropriate behavior. Do I expect a young child to know that the fountain in a memorial is not a place to dip your feet? No I don’t. Kids are kids. They see water, they want to play in it. Do I expect a parent to say to their child “ This is a memorial and playing in that water is disrespectful so lets not do that”? Yes. And I would expect that parents would know tat without a memorial needing to put up a sign.

IMHO, running and playing in a Holocaust memorial is disrespectful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter