Pink and tans?

ericamanda01

<font color=deeppink>Some people dream in black an
We have a spare bedroom that is really just a room that I use a a dressing room. This give DH the entire closet in the bedroom. Anyway my sister is coming for a visit this summer, so we actually have to turn it into a bedroom. It's painted a very pale pink with white molding and hard wood floors. Here's a link to the bed we are picking up this weekend.

http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/stor...=43026&langId=-1&parentCats=15558*15617*16172

It looks better in person. Anyway the room gets alot of light which I love, so I was wondering if pinks and tans, some chocolates would work well together? I don't like bright colors, but I don't want the room to look washed out, which I fear it might. I love th idea of a very girly room. princess: Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Edit to add: We are going to get most of the stuff from Ikea so there are a ton of choices.

I think it would look great! Sounds like it would be light and beachy!

I also love light blue with chocolate brown. :thumbsup2

I too love the brown and blues, I love them so much I did them in a beach theme in the master bedroom. :teeth: I am still up in the air on the spare bdrm. We are picking up the furniture this weekend and I will look at all the stuff at Ikea. I just feel overwelmed there. I want to get every color! The room gets alot of light so I have to be careful not to over do it. But thanks for the suggestions. Once this section of the boards catch on it will be as hard to follow a thread as it is on the CB!

I like the idea of pink and tan together...and I think that daybed will be just fine in the room.

Will you have a modern flair to the room? Have you thought of a theme, or will you just be keeping it simple?

When I think of pink and tan together, I think of ice cream for some reason...maybe it's because I think the colors are a little like neapolitan ice cream.

Pinks and tans/browns look great together! A friend of mine has a guest room that's painted chocolate brown with white moulding. She has some wicker baskets here and there, and the comforter has a lot of pink in it, with darker pink and tan toss pillows. I love it, but would never have thought of it myself!

Love the idea! I love that bed too. Really cute! I just found this board today and love the idea!

Wow, I was flipping channels today and some program on HGTV was showing a pink/tan/brown theme in a bedroom. It was stunning!

Why the heck didn't I think of that when I was stuck with a pink tiled master bath??? :rotfl:

Hate to interrupt, but reading the title, my first thought was a good sunscreen should help! :confused3 :teeth:

But, after reading the thread, I think it would be a very happy color scheme! :goodvibes

My daughter has a pink and tan room. If I say so myself it does look really cute. Cute may not be the look you are going for. It's all in the accessories. I also saw one of the home makeover shows do a room in those colors. It must be the in thing now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts