Pin Trading With Kids

jp'smommy

Mouseketeer
I am going to introduce the kids to pin trading this trip. I know the 8 and 5 year olds will love trading. Should I let my 3 yo? I feel he is too young. However will he upset if he sees his brother and sister trading? Has anyone let their younger one trade?

Our DS has probably been trading since he could talk however in the beginning, we he traded an awful lot of toy story mania prize pins.:rotfl2: Now at 10 he's much more selective.:cool1: We've also always been there to "guide" him toward or from pins.

Well in our case Maria was 2.5 when she started pin trading and except for the initial issue with her giving a pin when she got one it went fine and at 8 she is still into it in a major way.

Our DS has probably been trading since he could talk however in the beginning, we he traded an awful lot of toy story mania prize pins.:rotfl2: Now at 10 he's much more selective.:cool1: We've also always been there to "guide" him toward or from pins.
That sounds like fun! It seems like he will be able to do it with them then!

Well in our case Maria was 2.5 when she started pin trading and except for the initial issue with her giving a pin when she got one it went fine and at 8 she is still into it in a major way.
It sounds like he will be able to enjoy it at 3.

^I posted a recent thread on this and got awesome advice. The basic jist was that as lost as your kid doesn't have an issue with giving up something that they see as "theirs" OR talking to cast members, you'll be fine.

I'm excited to try it with my daughter when she's 4 on our trip next year, but honestly I think she'd get it even now at age 3. She is also reallly outgoing and loves talking to strangers, so I'm pretty sure she'll be obsessed with it just from that end.

It sounds like he will be able to enjoy it at 3.
And remember CM's used to have pins just for trading with little ones, don't know is that's still true but it made is easier and more fun for the girls when they were little.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter