Pin Trading on the Cruise?

dis4u2love

Earning My Ears
Can someone please tell me if the cast member on the Cruise line wear the pin trading lanyards like at WDW Theme Parks?

Also if they do, can you trade any WDW pins with them or do it have to be a cruise line pin?

Yes, many wear lanyards and the rules for trading are the same as at WDW.

Keep your eye on the evening Navigators. One night is designated as pin trading and a number of the officers stand in the atrium wearing their lanyards. A great pin trading opportunity. The pin cart has a trading book every night and guest service crew members usually have lanyards on all the time. Plenty of pin trading and yes any Disney pin will do.

As there were lots of Cast Memebers with lanyards.

I also found some cruisers who wanted to trade. It was a fun pin trading experience.

My DS9 traded when we first got on the ship at the customer service counter with a cast member. He was so excited. It was his first trade.

On the Magic, the pin trading was not real good. The officer's night, the officers had their lanyards on but there were no decent pins on the lanyards at all. Very disappointing. I have heard that the trading is much better on the Wonder, though.

we just had great experiences with pin trading on the magic, BUT this was our first time at pin trading. (real rookies here :p ) You can find CM's with pins on every nite in the retail shops, at customer service desk, and several nights there were officers in the atrium wearing their lanyards as well. I believe we did pin trading 5 of the 7 nights. check your navigators as well, they listed pin trading.

I would imagine the pin selection may be disappointing if you are an experienced and knowledgable pin trader. We were happy with almost all trades but we certainly don't know what pins are more "desired" or "valuable" than others. We just knew the characters we wanted!! Also, at times the CM's would tell us if a particular pin was more rare or desired than others, which was helpful to us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter