Pin Trading at the HK DL Resort

tink576

Think of the Happiest Thing
I'm an avid pin trader and was wondering what level of pin trading exists at the HK Disneyland resort. I'm trying to decide if I should bring some pins along with me to trade and also wonder if there is much guest to guest trading while in the parks. Thanks for any advice or observations.
:)

It's not as developed as in the US parks but you'll see a good number of CMs with lanyards and there's a couple of small pin boards for CM trading. Most of the fake stuff is the same as that of the US but there's a few Hong Kong exclusive pin sets that people take apart and trade to CMs. So bring a bag of park traders because you might find something you like.

Guests usually don't bring many pins except to the quarterly pin trading events. Our LE pin releases are monthly so people tend to pre-trade online and meet during LE release weekend to trade things they've already pre-traded. If you happen to come during a LE pin release weekend, you could consider bringing a pin bag on Saturday to show off what you have and then work out some trades to do on Sunday. But if you are going during other times, it's probably not worth bringing pins expecting to trade with guests.

You can see the upcoming pin trading events here: https://www.hongkongdisneyland.com/events/disney-pin-trading/

Thank you! That’s something for me to look for and possibly plan around. I really appreciate it!

Not sure if you just like trading or also collecting?

We love getting new pins. We found the carnival games near the lion king show were great because you get a pin even if you don’t win. They are unique to HKDL - I got a zootopia sloth wrapped in lettuce and lotso in a strawberry. Other prizes were tsum tsums and large plushes. They weren’t too expensive to play so if you like unique pins for collecting or trading it’s worth having a look

Not sure if you just like trading or also collecting?

We love getting new pins. We found the carnival games near the lion king show were great because you get a pin even if you don’t win. They are unique to HKDL - I got a zootopia sloth wrapped in lettuce and lotso in a strawberry. Other prizes were tsum tsums and large plushes. They weren’t too expensive to play so if you like unique pins for collecting or trading it’s worth having a look

That sounds like something fun to do with the boys. Thank you!

I have a niece who does the pins. My family never got into them. So is there a set that would be uniquely Hong Kong I could get her? About how much is a set there? Thanks

I have a niece who does the pins. My family never got into them. So is there a set that would be uniquely Hong Kong I could get her? About how much is a set there? Thanks

There's a lot of Hong Kong exclusive pins. A set of six pins will usually be 258 HKD. There are 2 sets of HKDL exclusive Ufufy pins that are quite popular. If you are looking for something that explicitly says "Hong Kong Disneyland" in writing on the face of the pin, you should probably get an individual pin which will be 85 and up.

Mystic Manor and Cookie are only in Hong Kong so you could also get pins of them. But it really depends on what your niece collects.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!