Pin collecting and trading...?

LovesTimone

Christmas Day 2017
While I am not into pin collecting and trading... I bought my grandson a Disney lanyard to go in his stocking for Christmas, 2 years ago right before his 1st trip and 2nd birthday I got it so that we could pin his 1st trip, and birthday button on it which I will say work out nicely, he could take it on off easily. Since then he has gotten a couple of pins to add to it. My SIL was kidding around and said he wanted a Star Wars lanyard for his birthday.. which my DD said hey I want one too... so now all three of them have lanyards. So the pin collecting has started...

I am assuming that there are a lot of pins available in some of the shops? correct? Is it like here ( WDW) were they have pin trading stations? Also do the CM's wear lanyards and trade pins like they do here(WDW), I have seen them trade pins in the resorts, with CM's when checking in and at the check outs in some of the QS with CM's in the resorts....

My SIL said that there were some special pins for Stars Wars, and for the 25th anniversary? So I was thinking about picking up some pins here at WDW to take along with us, to trade if we find the ones we are looking for. Any suggestions on which ones my be a good bet for me to get here to trade there? or to buy there?

Yes the last time I was in Disneyland Paris in February 2016 I did pin trading BUT its not as big deal or as popular as in the American parks.

I did most of my pin trading with CM's in the morning during EMH and up to about 11am each day. There are a lot of scrapper pins but I did manage to get some decent pins. Be warned though some of the CM's make up their own rules about Pin Trading. One CM in Discoveryland was not happy that I could choose one of her pins from her lanyard but she couldnt choose a pin my lanyard. Then at Pirates shop when I showed the CM' the pin I wanted to trade ( one of the Cars Land Mystery Box pins which I had bought in Disneyland California) she took it to show her colleague behind the shop counter and they had a conflab and Im guessing looked it up online before coming back to me to agree to a trade!

You wont see people walking around with pin lanyards like you do in the American parks. I had my trading pins in a small ziplock bag which I had in my pocket. There are sometimes pin boards in the shops on Main Street but these can be hit and miss. Pueblo Trading Post in Frontierland which is only open on weekends is the main pin shop.

There are pin trading events and special release pins, you can find info about that here http://www.disneylandparis.ie/events/disneyland-paris-pin-trading/ the March pin trading event is on Friday 30 March Beever Creek Tavern at Sequoia Lodge at 6pm

Yes the last time I was in Disneyland Paris in February 2016 I did pin trading BUT its not as big deal or as popular as in the American parks.

I did most of my pin trading with CM's in the morning during EMH and up to about 11am each day. There are a lot of scrapper pins but I did manage to get some decent pins. Be warned though some of the CM's make up their own rules about Pin Trading. One CM in Discoveryland was not happy that I could choose one of her pins from her lanyard but she couldnt choose a pin my lanyard. Then at Pirates shop when I showed the CM' the pin I wanted to trade ( one of the Cars Land Mystery Box pins which I had bought in Disneyland California) she took it to show her colleague behind the shop counter and they had a conflab and Im guessing looked it up online before coming back to me to agree to a trade!

You wont see people walking around with pin lanyards like you do in the American parks. I had my trading pins in a small ziplock bag which I had in my pocket. There are sometimes pin boards in the shops on Main Street but these can be hit and miss. Pueblo Trading Post in Frontierland which is only open on weekends is the main pin shop.

There are pin trading events and special release pins, you can find info about that here http://www.disneylandparis.ie/events/disneyland-paris-pin-trading/ the March pin trading event is on Friday 30 March Beever Creek Tavern at Sequoia Lodge at 6pm

Thanks for the info,

I am really not quite sure what scrapper pins are?

Also we will not be in the parks on the weekend we head home on a Saturday.... any other suggestions for a pin spot or are they just random at the different stores.

Thanks for the info,

I am really not quite sure what scrapper pins are?

Scrappers are basically fake pins.
1. Pins that Disney quality control rejected for various reasons which should have been destroyed but are sold by the factory employees
2. Lower quality copied pins
3. Pins which are made by the Disney factory but are over made and are of lower quality ie Disney commissions 1000 pins of a certain design. The factory makes 1000 more which are lower quality and sells them

These pins are mostly the reason why pin collecting has become less popular. Most of the pins now found on CM lanyards and on the pin boards are fake / scrappers. The fake / scrapper pins can be bought on ebay for really cheap prices eg less than $1 a pin where as a genuine pin bought in a Disney park starts at $7 a pin. People buy the cheap pins on the internet, then go to the parks and trade them for genuine pins. Most CM's dont have the time or knowledge or care about spotting a fake pin and so the fake pins flood the pin trading.

I check all my pins on pinpics.com It is a huge database of pins and the community there are very good at putting notes on pins to say how to tell the genuine from the fake.

Also we will not be in the parks on the weekend we head home on a Saturday.... any other suggestions for a pin spot or are they just random at the different stores.

Just random at different stores. The best thing to do is only plan on doing pin trading first thing in the morning until about 11am

Also Pin Trading and Pin Selling are different.

Like what @olafLover said there are tons of places all around the parks where pins are sold, but actually trading pins with CM's and finding the pin trading boards in the shops is not as easy.

Would I find pins at DLP that I would not find at DL/WDW? Pins that are specific to DLP?

Thanks...

---Paul in Southern NJ

Would I find pins at DLP that I would not find at DL/WDW? Pins that are specific to DLP?

Thanks...

---Paul in Southern NJ

Yes, the ride and attraction pins have their names in French such as Phantom Manor in Disneyland Paris = Haunted Mansion in USA
There are also festivals and events which are specific to Disneyland Paris which have pins
In the hotels they have the Hotel specific pins.

If you are interested in collecting the Disneyland Paris pins, check all the pin carts and pin displays in the various shops.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts