Pin Codes

VikingInMouseEars

DIS Veteran
I was just wondering if anyone receives pin codes anymore? We realized that it had been literally years since we got one. Just curious.

Yep, just got one by email a few weeks ago. It was for a trip between now and June, and I don't plan to go that soon, so it didn't do me any good.

Hmmm, I wonder if it's because of the not so magical letter I sent to customer service a few years ago. Might have made them mad and got myself on a list or something.

We got one for the first time ever (in 20+ years of going to WDW) back in October and booked it, originally for late Feb/Early March. Fast forward a few months and I found out I had to have surgery, so we had to rebook our trip for April. Then we decided to take two more trips this year, so we decided to buy AP, and we rebooked for $500 cheaper with an AP rate.

FWIW, when I booked with the pin code, the CM on the phone told me that it was better than any other offers they had going at the time, including AP. However, when I rebooked (4 months later), that was obviously not the case. The pin code rate definitely beat the Fun In The Sun rate that they were offering at the time, though.

One other observation...I wonder if the pin code's arrival had anything to do with the fact that we moved. For much of the last 20 years, we lived in the LA area, but also lived in other metropolitan areas all over the country. But in August, we moved to a small town in northern Michigan. Shortly after we moved I updated my address with Disney because we took a trip to DL over Christmas. I've read speculation in the past that they target certain geographic areas with these pin codes...so I can't help but wonder if the timing of our receiving the pin code was no coincidence.

I too received a pin code via email about two weeks ago. Same offer mentioned above for travel between now and June. Offered up to 30% discount on Deluxe and slightly less on moderates and values. Also included an option bundle tickets where if you bought 5 Days they threw a 6th in for free.

Didn’t book because we have a 1 month old so we won’t probably be going this year. Exciting to get one though!

We get them alot. In fact, usually around this time of year I get one that I plan our summer vacation with. Had one last 2 years around this time for RO.
Have you tried different things, like putting a trip in your cart without buying, or ordering the free video?

We get them alot. In fact, usually around this time of year I get one that I plan our summer vacation with. Had one last 2 years around this time for RO.
Have you tried different things, like putting a trip in your cart without buying, or ordering the free video?
Yep, do that stuff all the time.

I’ve received a few recently-ish that I really wish I could use, but the offer timing hasn’t worked out for me.

I got the same one others have mentioned for trips through early June and was just coming to see if anyone had gotten a new one yet for summer dates. I've gotten pins a few times in the last 2 years or so.

Not since 2012 which we used. I have 2 accounts, wife has one and so does my mom. Tried mock bookings, the video, etc on 3 accounts. Nothing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts