PIN code and weird FP offer or just usual FP?

twodogs

DIS Veteran
I got a PIN today with an "up to 30%" room discount for summer. Cool, first PIN I have received in going to DLR and WDW lots of times over the last 10 years. The part that caught my eye was this:

Get some extra pixie dust!
To enjoy extra flexibility while planning your stay—and extra enchantment while you're here—just upgrade to a package that includes a 5-day or longer Theme Park ticket with a Park Hopper®Option. Because when you do, you'll receive access to Disney FastPass+* service for pre-arrival planning for multiple Theme Parks on the same day!
*Valid Theme Park admission and online registration required. Disney FastPass+ attractions and entertainment experiences, the number of selections you can make and available arrival windows are limited.

Does that mean something other than the usual 60 day FP window? Because you get 60 days no matter if it is a Room Only, Package or length of package, correct?? What is the "Disney FastPass+ service"? It says multiple theme parks on the same day, which is not the typical FP booking system? Am I missing something?

I did an online chat and they have no idea. She recommended I book CL so I could get more FPs! Then she said this is just the usual 60 day FP window. I said then what do I get if I book a 5 day Hopper, like it says in the email? She said "I don't have access to these special offers so I don't know". Well thanks.

I got a PIN today with an "up to 30%" room discount for summer. Cool, first PIN I have received in going to DLR and WDW lots of times over the last 10 years. The part that caught my eye was this:

To enjoy extra flexibility while planning your stay—and extra enchantment while you're here—just upgrade to a package that includes a 5-day or longer Theme Park ticket with a Park Hopper®Option. Because when you do, you'll receive access to Disney FastPass+* service for pre-arrival planning for multiple Theme Parks on the same day!
*Valid Theme Park admission and online registration required. Disney FastPass+ attractions and entertainment experiences, the number of selections you can make and available arrival windows are limited.

Does that mean something other than the usual 60 day FP window? Because you get 60 days no matter if it is a Room Only, Package or length of package, correct?? What is the "Disney FastPass+ service"? It says multiple theme parks on the same day, which is not the typical FP booking system? Am I missing something?

Yeah, "multiple Theme Parks (sic) on the same day!" would be a perk. Usually you can only pre-plan one park per day.

I got this Unique Offer Code / PIN code email. The % off the room offer itself is the same as the general public room offer that is currently out. BUT, the part that says "get some extra pixie dust" sounds like you can make FPs at multiple parks. That would be different. We have APs and will not be booking with this offer because we do not need a package with tickets and the AP rate is 5% better than this offer. Anyone here planning to book and willing to report back on how the FPs work?

Here is the entire email. The interesting part at the end says "online registration required."

Special offer for past Guests
Come back to the enchantment with this great offer!
Save up to 30%
on rooms at select Disney Resort hotels
For stays most nights 6/2–8/28/19
Book through 8/28/19

If I can talk my husband into it, we may try to book it. But I will need to know what we are getting before we commit. I’ll try calling and see if they can give me any more information on the FP part of the offer.

Unless someone is booking after June 26th arrival they are already in the 60 day window, so chances of hard to get FP across multiple parks goes down quite a bit. Heck I'm 48 days out and there is already quite a bit with no FP availability.

Did it mention the FP perk in the actual email? Mine is the 30% off but doesn't mention the deal in the email.

Yes it was in the email with the discount. It said “get some extra pixie dust” or something like that.

I posted this on the rumors section but I got the PIN code this past Friday that included the wording about the multiple park fast passes. But just looked at it again and it’s gone from the email somehow. Maybe I imagined it lol jk...I know I saw it.

I called yesterday and the lady on the phone said yes it really is three fast passes at any park. Said it was a one time special offer to a select few people.

I called yesterday and the lady on the phone said yes it really is three fast passes at any park. Said it was a one time special offer to a select few people.

Nothing like being subtle. I received the PIN code via snail mail and totally missed on the FP benefit. Not that we can use it anyway. :sad:

So it is not any extra FPs, just that you can book them at more than one park on the same day? Are there any tiers? And how do you go about booking the PFs through this promotion?

If we do make a summer trip, we don’t usually stay long enough for a 5 day hopper, so we probably won’t be able to take advantage of it.

So it is not any extra FPs, just that you can book them at more than one park on the same day? Are there any tiers? And how do you go about booking the PFs through this promotion?

If we do make a summer trip, we don’t usually stay long enough for a 5 day hopper, so we probably won’t be able to take advantage of it.

No extra FPs, just your three initial FPs can be at different parks on the same day. Tiers wasn't mentioned so I'm not sure on that. The way I understood it was that when you book using this pin code it enables you do it come the 60 mark. I asked the same thing on how it works. Because I didn't want book this offer code and come to the 60 day mark and find out that I was just reading it the whole FP thing the wrong way or something.

Same here, we were thinking about just doing a 4 day non park hopper but then I got the e-mail so I'm at least considering it a little more now. We've never been in the summer and had somewhat planned on doing a trip before SWGE so this offer may work for us.

Normally fast pass plus signature services is available to club level guests. You can book extra fast passes for 50pp per day. Did they say you get the extra fast passes free?

No extra FPs, just your three initial FPs can be at different parks on the same day. Tiers wasn't mentioned so I'm not sure on that. The way I understood it was that when you book using this pin code it enables you do it come the 60 mark. I asked the same thing on how it works. Because I didn't want book this offer code and come to the 60 day mark and find out that I was just reading it the whole FP thing the wrong way or something.

Same here, we were thinking about just doing a 4 day non park hopper but then I got the e-mail so I'm at least considering it a little more now. We've never been in the summer and had somewhat planned on doing a trip before SWGE so this offer may work for us.
It sounds like it's a new program to incentivize people to buy park hoppers.

Normally fast pass plus signature services is available to club level guests. You can book extra fast passes for 50pp per day. Did they say you get the extra fast passes free?

Yeah it’s free but just for the time frame if the pin code. I believe it’s a preview for what’s to come if you ask me.

I still haven’t found time to call, but OP indicated that there are NO extra FPs, just that the 3 pre-booked per day that everyone gets can be at different parks (normally they all have to be at one park, of course). This is a semi-perk but not a huge perk to me. If there were ADDITIONAL FPs and they could be booked across several parks in one day, then they would have my attention (and frankly my money)!. But they probably can’t offer that in a PIN code with only requiring a 5 day hopper, when the only current way to get that perk is to book CL and pay extra per guest per night on top of that, which is much more expensive then me just adding a day or two to the ticket I was already needing, and making it a hopper (which I would have done anyway). So it seems like a perk, but it is a mighty small one to me. Glad I got it though because I have never gotten a PIN in 10 years of going several times per year to both WDW and DLR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter