Pictures of Old Key West 2017 Refurb

JeannineP4

Mouseketeer
Does anyone have any pictures of the 2017 OKW room refurb? We are arriving on the 7th and when I called to ensure my reservations are linked (two DVC reservations) they asked if we wanted a refurb room possibility. I did say yes but was hoping someone has some pictures. Thanks

Was there a couple of months ago and thought they were excellent. But, the new updates really look nice and still keep with the theme.

That's from 2010. The original concepts for this refurb were soundly panned by DVC members, and this new round... no one is sure what they're doing. It won't be that picture from 2010. That's what's being refurbished now.

Oops. Didnt see the date on there.

Oops. Didnt see the date on there.

Yeah. What everyone hated about the first concept was how far away from that one it is. The v1 concept for this refurb was typical generic DCL refurb, zzzz. Then they revised it and have shown pretty much nothing. Most people expect generic, though.

Does anyone have any pictures of the 2017 OKW room refurb? We are arriving on the 7th and when I called to ensure my reservations are linked (two DVC reservations) they asked if we wanted a refurb room possibility. I did say yes but was hoping someone has some pictures. Thanks
Wondering how your visit went? What did you think of the renovations?

I like the look of this better than the current "grandma's guest room chic" look, but I can understand why people are upset about loss of theming. Not really possible to draw conclusions signs from this limited image set, though.

OP, I too am wondering how your visit went and if you were able to get an updated room. Hope you enjoyed!

Was there a couple of months ago and thought they were excellent. But, the new updates really look nice and still keep with the theme.

The first renovated rooms were occupied yesterday. So yours wasn’t the current renovation.

Is there a schedule anywhere of what rooms are in current construction? I've got a stay in January coming up, and although I don't care about us, we've also booked a 2bdrm for a family who we are friends with, and we know that this will likely be the only time they visit WDW for several years due to family costs they're bouncing back from after the hurricane. I would just like to find a way to make their experience as good as possible, and having them facing construction would be something I'd want to try to at least request to mitigate if possible.

Good to hear they're revamping the bathrooms that looked like they jumped straight out of the early 90s. Our bathroom was clean, but needed some modernising for sure.

There were some pictures on a FB DVC group. Can’t find them now. Must have been taken down.

Good to hear they're revamping the bathrooms that looked like they jumped straight out of the early 90s. Our bathroom was clean, but needed some modernising for sure.
Gosh, I wonder why. Maybe because they were built in 1991/1992 and were not renovated until this year. However, the original décor was a lot more like Key West than this new generic look.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter