Pictures of Disney going Service Animals

No worries, but yes I'm like 99% sure I've met you and Merlin, or at least Merlin. I know that name rings a bell. Where in NY are you from? Do you know MaryEllen Pratt?

I'm just west of Albany NY, and yes I know MaryEllen. Haven't seen or spoken to her in years though.

I have had two service animals, Tasha, who crossed the bridge in 2009 and Tasha 2.0 who came into my life in 2009, both are American Cocker Spaniels .

Both of my dogs are expected to be in training all of their lives, Tasha was trained in 19 tasks and Tasha 2.0 has already mastered 5. Both have completed AKC's Canine Good Citizenship courses.

I do not usually let anyone near my dogs, they are medical aids, not pets and I need them to concentrate on my needs. They both are perfect ladies when we go out.

You can train your SD yourself, you know best what your special needs are, however I do strongly recommend that you take your dog to obedince classes. It is important for every dog and their handler to behave properly in social settings. I have seen what people call "service animals" who jump, bark, pull, etc. They may be trained to help the person with disabilities, but they should not be out in public where other pets are not allowed to go.

Tasha and I have traveled around the world together, and the best place for us was St. Petersburg, Russia. Our Baltic cruise was one of most favorite experiences with Tasha, it provides me with such fond memories.

Good planning and research will provide you with a great travel experience. Your off to a good start here on DIS Boards!

A friend just shared this on facebook...just wondered if this handsome chap belonged to anyone here...

funny-dog-pictures-i-has-a-hotdog-da-magik-kindom.jpg

183.jpg

Skye in Victoria- photo taken during our Disney coastal cruise last April. We had so much fun!

Love everyones pics. Dont think I posted these.

Travel to WDw wth a friend and her service dog also. Ours is the yellow lab ( Bobber) , and hers is the black lab.

Here they are resting under the table at Biergarten in .
IMAG0079.jpg

Both dogs here with Mickey. You have to look hard to see the black lab . Mickey was so wonderful with them and kept pulling us back into the room. Our dog who normally does not like characters warmed up to him quickly and really enjoyed Mickey petting him. I hope poor Mickey had a giant sized lint roller after us !

IMAG0187.jpg

I absolutely love all the dogs here - but this one is just too cute - I love the way Logan is posing in the last picture!

I volunteer with Lions International and I've only been familiar with "seeing eye dogs" - although I've heard of other types of service dogs; you all have enlighted me!

My DH is an amputee (and a diabetic), I wish he had an SD (especially for while I'm at work). We have a border collie mix we rescued that I wish I could train to help him out but if I could get her to stop barking and chasing the cat - that would be an accomplishment! :)

My hats off to all your SDs!!

I love that you work with the Lions Club. Sine I took my position as a Teacher of the Visually Impaired, I have learned a lot about them. We have a Future Leaderdog (Leaderdog was founded by the Lions Club) named Mercy. Both my husband and I work at a regional theme park. We had our dry run this weekend so I took Mercy. It was her first time in an amusement park. She did beautifully! She even go to ride the carousel- her first amusement ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!