Pictures of Disney going Service Animals

IM000537.jpg

IM000779a.jpg

IM000777.jpg

Sorry for the multiple posts, just didn't know if the pics were coming up or not. The dog is Racer and the guy is my dad.

this has to be the best thread ever. Thanks OP and thanks for all those who tell the wonderful stories.

Oh I loved this thread. We will be getting our SD soon but now that I decided to go with a already trained dog ( in place of puppy raising our own) it will be a few months still. :< It would cheer us up to see more of your beautiful service dogs! Anyone?

Somebody asked me about what we did for rides with River. Well, River went on many,many rides. She really enjoyed them. For the rides she wasn't able to go on we had either my husband watch the dog (he doesn't do rides), or my respite care worker would sit with her. It worked out SO well. It warms my heart that River got to go on this magical trip. I hope we can do it again soon!

Which rides did your SD ride? We plan on placing our SD in the Kennel or leaving him in his crate in the room on some days. If our SD can ride some of the rides, then I will plan to take him into the parks. I just feel that our SD would need a break from "working" and would enjoy a day off, I take him to Doggie Daycare on some days so he can just enjoy being a dog (of course it is while ds is in school) and play with other dogs and I take ds to go with to pick him up. DS absolutely loves picking up his SD from daycare.

I am very interested in all of your SD experiences at WDW. popcorn:: My DS Edward, who is 8 and Brain Injured just got approved for a waiting list for a SD. :banana: We really feel that this will be a very rewarding experience for him. Unfortunately, the wait is 1-2 years. But we will be patient.

I mentioned in the interviews possibly taking a SD to WDW and they cautioned against it. They said it was too many people and too hot. We are going for the first time to WDW this Dec. and I am hoping to have many return trips. So I am learning from all of you wonderful people and your experiences. :hug:

Please keep up with your great pictures and all of your wisdom!:thumbsup2

Thanks Kathryn :hippie:

Have you looked into 4PawsforAbility.org? They specialize in SD for children, that is where we got our SD. I absolutely love them! The founder Karen Shirk was even on CNN for their Heroes segment.

I may need to start a new thread for this...but maybe it's okay here. We are going to DW in Dec for a short trip with DD service dog. (Actually, we are going to Orlando for a one day workshop with the service dog and thought we would "swing" by Disney for a day or two!;)) Of course, we will have Runk (dear SD) with us. For those with SDs who have been to the parks, where did you toilet the dogs while at the parks? I've never scoped out the areas for such needs, but I'll definitely need them in Dec. I wouldn't think it would be such a big deal at the resorts to find a spot, but the parks?? :confused3 TIA!

I may need to start a new thread for this...but maybe it's okay here. We are going to DW in Dec for a short trip with DD service dog. (Actually, we are going to Orlando for a one day workshop with the service dog and thought we would "swing" by Disney for a day or two!;)) Of course, we will have Runk (dear SD) with us. For those with SDs who have been to the parks, where did you toilet the dogs while at the parks? I've never scoped out the areas for such needs, but I'll definitely need them in Dec. I wouldn't think it would be such a big deal at the resorts to find a spot, but the parks?? :confused3 TIA!
There are designated "break" areas for each park for service animals. These are listed in the Guide for Guests with Disabilities for each park. The Guide list the general location of the "break" area and says to contact a "host" (CM) near the backstage "break" area for directions and assistance.

The current format of the Guides is a map (similar to the 'regular' park maps, but with much more disability information). We found these maps on the map racks at our WDW resort and also on the map racks at each park.

Hi all,

Thanks for sharing such a nice information, it's really nice collection, i read all comments, i would like to thanks u all. I will show this all replies to my little child while he will come from hostel. I am sure he gets enjoy. THanks for sharing nice information..

All of your service dogs are gorgeous. I actually just saw my first service dog at AK last week. I noticed the person with the dog wasn't blind so that's what led me here and some other posts on the boards to see what other service dogs are out there. I had no clue there were so many different reasons to have a service dog.

So enjoyed seeing pics of the service dogs that have been to Disney! We'll be leaving a week from today for Disneyworld and it will be my service dog's Logan's first time (my third as an adult). She's almost 5, a Golden Retriever and I'll be sure to add her Disney pics to this thread when we get back. :goodvibes

I'll probably also start another thread with service dog tip suggestions specific to Disney if I don't find my answers in the Search.

DSC04894.jpg

I am recieving a new SD this summer and we are taking a trip to WDW in December. We are really excited. The last time we went to WDW was with my last dog, but it was not a very good trip.

Does anyone have any advice about bringing a SD to any of the water parks? Last time I could not figure out how to make it work, so I ended up leaving my dog in the hotel room while we were at the water park. I got injured at the park that day. It ruined the rest of our trip! We are not sure we will get to a water park or not for our next trip, but would love some advice just in case.

I can't wait to share pictures!

Here’s the part about Service Animals from the Guidebook for Guests with Disabilities for Blizzard Beach:
Service Animals
Trained service animals are welcome in most locations throughout Disney's Blizzard Beach. All service animals must remain on a leash or in a harness at all times. Guests should follow the same attraction entrance procedures as described for Guests using wheelchairs. Due to the nature of the attractions at Disney's Blizzard Beach, as well as health and safety concerns, service animals are not permitted to ride any of the water attractions or to enter any of the water areas of Disney's Blizzard Beach. A member of the Guest's party must remain with the animal at all times.

It seems sort of contradictory - they tell you to follow the same procedure as for guests with wheelchairs, but then tell you the dog can’t ride or enter the water areas.:confused3

Link to Blizzard Beach Guidebook

Link to Typhoon Lagoon Website

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter