** Picture of the Day 3 **

1-1 tie is as good as a loss for "Redstorm" and her team :sad1:; hard to see these long faces after a VERY physical, hard fought game against this team that they wanted to beat SO bad. The "gave" as much as they "got" and this Mimi is very, VERY thankful no one left the field on a stretcher. :eek: Our girls stayed "classy" and made us all proud. :lovestruc Now it's practice, practice, practice getting ready for a really rough playoff schedule :rolleyes: as the 2nd place team in District.

i-dpDCXC8-XL.jpg
:tink:

According to the Weather Channel you're not seeing those pretty clear skies today! :eek: WOW...I was shocked...whiteout conditions with tropical storm force winds! :scared1: Hope you're staying warm and snuggled up in front of a fireplace! :tink:

We certainly got hit hard; at least for the Springs! 9 inches of drifting snow and schools have been closed for three days with no mail since Tuesday. Colorado Springs doesn't plow neighborhood streets and it's still cold enough that little is melting as it usually does. Luckily we have underground utilities but more than 7,000 homes in our county did not have power as of last night. I'm hoping to get out of the house tomorrow!

I haven't processed most of my snow pictures yet but here is one from the middle of the day of the blizzard complete with ice on screens. We had a night of rain right before the blizzard started creating an icy base below all the snow.

IMG_7460ed-XL.jpg

We certainly got hit hard; at least for the Springs! 9 inches of drifting snow and schools have been closed for three days with no mail since Tuesday. Colorado Springs doesn't plow neighborhood streets and it's still cold enough that little is melting as it usually does. Luckily we have underground utilities but more than 7,000 homes in our county did not have power as of last night. I'm hoping to get out of the house tomorrow!

:hug: I thought about you a lot the past few days! WOW...a lot of snow and a lot of COLD! Thank goodness utilities stayed on for you; underground is the way to go! The winds looked horrible! :eek: We noticed family living in Broomfield were hit pretty hard too; haven't had a chance to call (CrAzY week for us :faint:) so hoping all is well with them. A very small amount of that cooler air is engulfing us too with a very nice temperature of 55 here today instead of the 70's we've been having. :lovestruc Hope you get out today but also see you've been working on your solo trip! :thumbsup2 We stayed at the POP for the first time last July and really liked it. We DID book a preferred room but after walking the entire resort didn't think any area was to far to walk for food and transportation. Food Court was really good and our favorite meal was the turkey, mashed potatoes and a vegetable. Bus waits were all fairly short with the exception of the Disney Springs bus which seems to mean a long wait no matter which resort you're at. Beds were SUPER comfortable :cloud9: and rooms very quiet. We still haven't made a decision on a November trip o_O; ready to book one day but hesitate the next (some health issues popping up for DH lately that will need to be taken care of). IF that trip gets booked, the POP is at the top my list! :tink:

I haven't processed most of my snow pictures yet but here is one from the middle of the day of the blizzard complete with ice on screens. We had a night of rain right before the blizzard started creating an icy base below all the snow.

IMG_7460ed-XL.jpg

:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc Looking forward to more! :thumbsup2 :tink:

:hug: I thought about you a lot the past few days! WOW...a lot of snow and a lot of COLD! Thank goodness utilities stayed on for you; underground is the way to go! The winds looked horrible! :eek: We noticed family living in Broomfield were hit pretty hard too; haven't had a chance to call (CrAzY week for us :faint:) so hoping all is well with them. A very small amount of that cooler air is engulfing us too with a very nice temperature of 55 here today instead of the 70's we've been having. :lovestruc Hope you get out today but also see you've been working on your solo trip! :thumbsup2 We stayed at the POP for the first time last July and really liked it. We DID book a preferred room but after walking the entire resort didn't think any area was to far to walk for food and transportation. Food Court was really good and our favorite meal was the turkey, mashed potatoes and a vegetable. Bus waits were all fairly short with the exception of the Disney Springs bus which seems to mean a long wait no matter which resort you're at. Beds were SUPER comfortable :cloud9: and rooms very quiet. We still haven't made a decision on a November trip o_O; ready to book one day but hesitate the next (some health issues popping up for DH lately that will need to be taken care of). IF that trip gets booked, the POP is at the top my list! :tink:

Karolyn - Thanks for your Pop Century info! I am really looking forward to Pop especially since they have recently redone the rooms and will have the new Skyway system adjoining the resort.

Hope your Broomfield relatives did okay. I read yesterday that actually 50,000 homes in the state were hit hard and lost power. Yikes! The Denver airport closed for only the 4th time ever (and the 3rd time was our March 2016 house hunting trip :rotfl2:) so wonder if we're a bad luck charm!

Yes, I am planning my solo trip. I will send you a PM about the trip, especially if you are still considering coming at that time.

Karolyn - Thanks for your Pop Century info! I am really looking forward to Pop especially since they have recently redone the rooms and will have the new Skyway system adjoining the resort.

Hope your Broomfield relatives did okay. I read yesterday that actually 50,000 homes in the state were hit hard and lost power. Yikes! The Denver airport closed for only the 4th time ever (and the 3rd time was our March 2016 house hunting trip :rotfl2:) so wonder if we're a bad luck charm!

Yes, I am planning my solo trip. I will send you a PM about the trip, especially if you are still considering coming at that time.

DH finally got a minute to call yesterday and they're out of town :faint:...in Cleveland for an archery convention. They've spoken with neighbors who told them their back yard furniture is "gone", snowdrift blocking the driveway and front door but power was still on. Saw lots of pictures of and from the airport :eek:...what a mess! Hope you've been able to finally venture outdoors and get things back to normal. Yes...keep me posted on your trip; we'll see if we can get DH's health problems solved and I'm trying to get caught up on my projects for DGD's 2020 graduation. SO many scrapbooks to put together; pictures to enlarge and frame; quilts to make; decoration projects; videos to put together and hunting down those "special photos" in my tens of thousands of photos is especially time consuming! :faint: By November, we'll both need a break so it's still on the table for us! :tink:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!