• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

PI and HOB

dreaming

Mouseketeer
DH and I are planning on doing a night out without 6 yr old DD this trip and it will be our first Adult nite at WDW so I'm not sure what all there is available. We are at the BC and will be heading out either Sat or Mon night before Christmas for a few hrs (probably around 7 and returning at 11) Would like to have a bite to eat (nothing real fancy and either catch a band or possibly a comedy act at PI. DH would really like to go to HOB for dinner and listen to a band but I'm not showing anything on their website for those nights - does this mean there is no live entertainment most nights there? Also since we need to be back at the bc by 11 what time do the comedy club acts at pi start - could we catch a show and is it worth paying the entrance fee if we will only be there about 2-3 hrs? is there a drink minimum at any of the clubs or a requirement to eat there? What is available at PI other than the clubs - is there street bands etc? Finally, I was also thinking maybe we could just head to the boardwalk - can anyone give me suggestions on that?
Guess you can tell its been a long time (approx 6.5 yrs) since a real adult only night out!:D

First, I can only attest for the food and atmosphere at HOB... very laid back, great food. I have never heard/seen live music there, it sems to me the music stage is in a separate area from the main restaurant.

Regarding PI, if you have a hopper pass that includes admission to PI, you won't have to pay any cover at the individual clubs there. No drink minimum, either.

Our favorite is the Adventurers club, which has actors who play the roles of eccentric people. They interact with the patrons and have various "shows" in different rooms of the club. Most reactions are either love it or just don't get it. It is worth checking out, and you can really spend a whole evening there alone. While there is adult innuendo, it is not at all raunchy, no swearing, and during the "shows" in particular, audience members are picked on in good fun. This is a favorite of DH & , and we always make it a point to go.

Though I have never been into the comedy club, there are 20 or 30-minute sets, and there has always been a line out front waiting for seating for the next set. I believe that once you go in, you can choose to stay for more than one set.

There is a huge sound stage with a DJ and music videos. Sometimes there are live bands on the sound stage. It is a very festive atmosphere.

Have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter