Photos of the Campfire Sing Along at FW?

I have some but they aren't hosted online anywhere for me to post a link or insert them, sorry :sad1:

The campfire program has no admission fee and is open to all WDW resort guests. It generally begins around 7 p.m. during the fall/winter season and 8 p.m. after the time changes in April through the summer. It is held near the Meadow Trading Post in the campfire area. The program begins with a sing-along led by a Disney CM and a marshmallow roast around two campfire rings. You may bring your own marshmallows or buy them at the Chuckwagon (roasting sticks and marshmallows are $2). You may also buy pizza, hot dogs, candy, nachos, juice, popcorn, sodas, coffee, beer and other refreshments at the Chuckwagon. While this is going on, Chip and Dale make an appearance to visit with guests and sign autographs. The sing-along lasts about 40 minutes. Next, one or two Disney animated features, depending upon the season, are shown on a large outdoor screen. Seating is available in bleachers or on benches. There is also plenty of room to lay out a quilt or blanket. The movie schedule is posted at all comfort stations. In the event of rain, the sing-along is still held on the porch of the Meadow Trading Post.

What is the Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue and how do I get there?

The campfire program has no admission fee and is open to all WDW resort guests. It generally begins around 7 p.m. during the fall/winter season and 8 p.m. after the time changes in April through the summer. It is held near the Meadow Trading Post in the campfire area. The program begins with a sing-along led by a Disney CM and a marshmallow roast around two campfire rings. You may bring your own marshmallows or buy them at the Chuckwagon (roasting sticks and marshmallows are $2). You may also buy pizza, hot dogs, candy, nachos, juice, popcorn, sodas, coffee, beer and other refreshments at the Chuckwagon. While this is going on, Chip and Dale make an appearance to visit with guests and sign autographs. The sing-along lasts about 40 minutes. Next, one or two Disney animated features, depending upon the season, are shown on a large outdoor screen. Seating is available in bleachers or on benches. There is also plenty of room to lay out a quilt or blanket. The movie schedule is posted at all comfort stations. In the event of rain, the sing-along is still held on the porch of the Meadow Trading Post.

This is good general information but it is the same public relations info you can read on the Disney site or Deb's site.

What I and the OP want to read are comments from people that have actually experienced the campfire. Did your kids enjoy it? How long did the characters actually stay? Did the characters join in in the singing of the songs or did they just pose for photos and sign autographs? Was it a mob scene or just a fun time for all? Would you recommend it to others and would you do it again yourself?

If you haven't already I'd post the question about the campfire sign along over on the camping boards and see if you get some responses there. :)

I too have always thought about it and would like to hear how it was or see some pics.

We camped in March and did the campfire sing-a-long. I really enjoyed it! My kids didn't want to get a photo with Chip, but I did! You could buy the little smores kit, we made them and ate them up! A lady sang some corny songs and told some corny jokes, and my dad and I thought they were pretty funny! I think my boys would have enjoyed it more but they were EXHAUSTED! :) It was really fun to do while camping... I'm not sure I would go out of the way for it, unless I had been to Disney a lot and looking for something different (then I would go). We couldn't stay for the movie, the kids were beat. Also the EWP goes by the lake about 9:30 I think it was? And then we could see some of the MK fireworks also. :)

Kim :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter