Photos of Guest Decorated Windows

shaunaday

Disney is my jam!
There seem to be a lot of WDW guests who like to decorate their resort room window on the first night of arrival. I have heard lots of ideas and I have a few floating around in my head. But...I am a visual kinda gal.

So if you have pictures of your resort window or of someone else's window...please post them here! Thanks!

Looking forward to seeing some creativity... popcorn::

20071228_195031.jpg

20071228_195054.jpg

Thanks, Kristineamb, for posting your pics! I really like the white lights in the window. If I go with my Tinkerbell theme...I am thinking I will use white lights as well, but I need them to "twinkle".

The window appears to be "deep", too, which is nice for decorating. This is at Pop, right?

Do folks do this just at Christmas, or all the time?
All the time...especially Halloween, Christmas, etc...
Pop Christmas 2007...we had three rooms in a row...decorated each...
Thanks for your complements...:thanks:
I was actually embarrassed to post pictures of my pathetic efforts...:o
I have seen much more elaborate, creative displays...::yes::

Pathetic effort? No way, Kristineamb! I think your decorations are inviting and fun. I don't want to make it complicated, but I am an elementary school teacher...and I am often accused of going a bit overboard on this kind of thing! :lmao

But what can l say-I only get to do Disney once every few years. So I am going all out!

Pathetic effort? No way, Kristineamb! I think your decorations are inviting and fun. I don't want to make it complicated, but I am an elementary school teacher...and I am often accused of going a bit overboard on this kind of thing! :lmao

But what can l say-I only get to do Disney once every few years. So I am going all out!

Thanks again! :thanks:
Don't forget an extenstion cord for your lights...and I brought timers so our lights would be on when we got back to our room at night! :idea:

I'd love to see some pics too. What about rooms like at AKL? Will anyone but the giraffes see your windows? Do you just decorate the door instead? This is all new to me!

Do folks do this just at Christmas, or all the time?

As for myself, I'd say every time. I didn't the first time, but have since then. It does help you to find your room if staying in a mod or value. You can buy static cling at an office supply store and print off clip art of your favorite characters.

Were going during Christmas. Were going to decorate our window too... Looking forward to seeing how others decorate.

we were at asmu in april and stayed in the calypso building room 1606 and really loved it:cool1: ,we only saw one other window decortaed on our floor.we'd planned to look at other buildings windows but never got to it. we did see a few towel pets in the windows but that was about it. my grands really enjoyed doing the window with me and picking out the lil charaters for each member of our crew,donlad/pawpaw,eeyore/nanna,pooh/blaze,cinderella bride/elli,hook/dada and ariel/mama. i made the mickey heads with old world map printed wrapping paper.the banner ont he big mickey head reads " around the world in 7 days' i later added some designs made for me by a wonderfully creative disser onthe dissign boards...sorry i can't remember who...but i never remembered to take an updated picture...they were peter pan themed,blaze/peter,elli/tink,dada/hook,mama/wendy,pawpaw/smee & nanna/nana the dog! they were os cute...anwyaws here's the window on our 1st day we did it between dtd/check-in & magic kingdom.. the stick figure picture is also form a wonderul disser..and eli painted the velvet alice in wonderland picture at home and packed in her suitcase a month before we left! the kids enjoyed posing for these too! it did make it so easy to find our room...the grands couldn't figure out why others hadn't done their windows... elli thought:confused3 "maybe they didn't know how to cut out circles or didn't have any cool paper?" and blaze thought " or they didn't kow where the doller tree store was at our city or they forgot their tape?":rotfl: kids! btw our doller tree has some disney window clings now,and darn it, i didn't think to grab some yesterday for our ,hopefully, upcoming trip with other grands in sept.2009! i'll stop the chatter and post the pix!
elli & our window
100_4739.jpg

blaze & our window
100_4740.jpg

hope you enjoy and i can't wait to see more...
edited to add,we were also in the family suites and loved it! and we all sported our matching stick figure shirts as you can see on the kids in the 'window' pix...pictures of us all in them waiting on the bus for mk on our 1st night,on my tr...

Here's our picture from last year. I was SO bummed that our room was facing the parking lot...errr....courtyard and so I don't think anybody really saw it. It was fun to make anyway! :)

100_0360-1.jpg

Love these pics!

I'm adding "Decorate our window" to the list of ideas I've gotten from these boards. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!