Photos of Guest Decorated Windows

Ok, now I'm inspired to decorate ours as well!

I am so excited for this trip, I can't wait!!

Our first trip I never thought of decorating any windows. It would have been great because we had 5 rooms in a row. When we go in Aug 09 I am definetly decoarating windows. My niece will celebrate her 8th birthday so I am going to surprise her with decorations and a special t-shirt. Then we will have different decor for the rest of the vacation. I get so many ideas from this site.:cool1: :thumbsup2

these are great
anyone else like to share

hey disneyfan06 here is ours! we love to decorate our window @ pop!! we do this everytime on all of our trips!!
mousiemom

i love looking at these pictures... anymore

This probably sounds "Goofy" but I"m not taking the kids this time and I really want to decorate my windows. In fact, I've never in the past thought about decorating the windows or doors (since I just joined DIS in April this year). Is it silly for an adult to do this? I guess no one will know I have no kids with me this trip but I would really like to do this. I like the simple fact that it makes finding your room easier!:blush:

Here's our picture from last year. I was SO bummed that our room was facing the parking lot...errr....courtyard and so I don't think anybody really saw it. It was fun to make anyway! :)

100_0360-1.jpg

Sandy --

This is awesome! Is it posterboard with giftwrap border? How in the world did you get this to WDW? I have to assume that you flew from Minnesota and didn't drive. I would love love love to do something like this but I have no idea how I would ever pack it for the flight! Any tips?

Sandy --

This is awesome! Is it posterboard with giftwrap border? How in the world did you get this to WDW? I have to assume that you flew from Minnesota and didn't drive. I would love love love to do something like this but I have no idea how I would ever pack it for the flight! Any tips?

You are too sweet! It was SUPER easy to make.

The background is simple scrapbooking paper I got from Micahel's in their Disney section with a plain piece of red cardboard paper on top. The stickers, characters, and swirlies were all part of the scrapbooking kit I got. The green Mickey heads were from Home Depot.

We actually drive from MN so it was in the backseat the whole time but I'm sure if you were able to just sandwich the door design between cardboard or something that it would stay all together.

Good luck!! And again, I appreciate it! :)

Can this be done at any resort. We are staying at the Port Orleans Riverside for Halloween and If we can do this there I would sooooo do it.princess:

I decorated our door and the patio door of our room at the Poly. I am not a very creative type of person, so I am looking forward to seeing other peoples pictures so I can do a better job next year. I tell you, having a decorated door / window makes finding your room much easier! Our last name is Giek (pronounced Geek). I figure, if you have a name like that, you have to have fun with it or your life will be miserable. I am also a school teacher so you can imagine the looks I get when parents find out their teacher's name is Mrs. Giek!! :rotfl:

IMG_3471.jpg

Our resort room door using signs made on our computer and Home Depot Mickeys

IMG_3473.jpg

Our patio door. I just bought Hawaiian decorations from the dollar store. Remember, I am not that creative!!!

My window at Pop on our June/July trip.

IMG_0649.jpg

It celebrated the Fourth of July and the new Toy Story ride. The Potato Heads were there just because we were going to get one of those boxes of parts on this trip.

Part of my daughter's window. There was more, but little Brooklynn had messed up, er.... reorganized their window temporarily, and it wasn't ready for showing at that moment.

IMG_0650.jpg

You can see that big old red yo-yo in the reflection!

we were at asmu in april and stayed in the calypso building room 1606 and really loved it:cool1: ,we only saw one other window decortaed on our floor.we'd planned to look at other buildings windows but never got to it. we did see a few towel pets in the windows but that was about it. my grands really enjoyed doing the window with me and picking out the lil charaters for each member of our crew,donlad/pawpaw,eeyore/nanna,pooh/blaze,cinderella bride/elli,hook/dada and ariel/mama. i made the mickey heads with old world map printed wrapping paper.the banner ont he big mickey head reads " around the world in 7 days' i later added some designs made for me by a wonderfully creative disser onthe dissign boards...sorry i can't remember who...but i never remembered to take an updated picture...they were peter pan themed,blaze/peter,elli/tink,dada/hook,mama/wendy,pawpaw/smee & nanna/nana the dog! they were os cute...anwyaws here's the window on our 1st day we did it between dtd/check-in & magic kingdom.. the stick figure picture is also form a wonderul disser..and eli painted the velvet alice in wonderland picture at home and packed in her suitcase a month before we left! the kids enjoyed posing for these too! it did make it so easy to find our room...the grands couldn't figure out why others hadn't done their windows... elli thought:confused3 "maybe they didn't know how to cut out circles or didn't have any cool paper?" and blaze thought " or they didn't kow where the doller tree store was at our city or they forgot their tape?":rotfl: kids! btw our doller tree has some disney window clings now,and darn it, i didn't think to grab some yesterday for our ,hopefully, upcoming trip with other grands in sept.2009! i'll stop the chatter and post the pix!
elli & our window
100_4739.jpg

blaze & our window
100_4740.jpg

hope you enjoy and i can't wait to see more...
edited to add,we were also in the family suites and loved it! and we all sported our matching stick figure shirts as you can see on the kids in the 'window' pix...pictures of us all in them waiting on the bus for mk on our 1st night,on my tr...
Hello there, this is my very first post, so I hope I'm doing this right.
First of all I love your window and the family sign. I would love to know where you found the disney family stick figures??

Here is a picture of our window that we decorated at the Pop last December.

IMG_5277.jpg

18magic....

i love that... it so simply but so great

I decorated our door and the patio door of our room at the Poly. I am not a very creative type of person, so I am looking forward to seeing other peoples pictures so I can do a better job next year. I tell you, having a decorated door / window makes finding your room much easier! Our last name is Giek (pronounced Geek). I figure, if you have a name like that, you have to have fun with it or your life will be miserable. I am also a school teacher so you can imagine the looks I get when parents find out their teacher's name is Mrs. Giek!! :rotfl:

IMG_3471.jpg

Our resort room door using signs made on our computer and Home Depot Mickeys

IMG_3473.jpg

Our patio door. I just bought Hawaiian decorations from the dollar store. Remember, I am not that creative!!!

How do you make the little stick people?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter