PhotoPass+ CD; are they .jpgs? Can't I edit later?

boys5times

Earning My Ears
Questions on the Photopass Plus CD; if I just order the CD without any edits or borders; can't I just edit them later once I have the CD? Are they .jpgs?

From my experience, yes you can edit them later, but you wouldnt be able to add the Disney borders / logos, etc. as you wouldnt have access to those. So general editing yes, those particular Disney items no.

From my experience, yes you can edit them later, but you wouldnt be able to add the Disney borders / logos, etc. as you wouldnt have access to those. So general editing yes, those particular Disney items no.

::yes:: This. So if you want to add the borders or character 'autographs' etc, then you'll need to do that now. If you're on the fence about them, just make some! You can make as many variations of each photo as you want.

How much time do you have once you return, to do all this? And once I do everything, am I just saving them to print when I am ready, or do I have to be ready to pay for all of that right then? Hopefully after I add the Disney stuff, I can then save them, and wait on using them??? I just think it would be a bit overwhelming to come home and try and do it all, especially since I want to make a couple of books, and then the cost!!!

Please explain what happens when I get home :)

I'm not a fan of the cutesy borders and stuff so I just ordered the CD and edited them myself. Many of the Photopass photos are darker than I like and I edited them to make the style/feel of my own photographs.

Not sure how much time you have to add borders, but you don't need to print right away. You'll get a download or a CD and can print wherever and whenever you'd like.

After you've had a photo taken with a Photopass card, you have 30 days to enter it online. Once you've entered it online, you have 30 days to order it before it expires and disappears from your account. If you add photos to a card that is already registered online, those appear in the account immediately and you have 30 days from the date taken before those photos expire and disappear.

We just got back from our trip, and I went onto the Photopass site for my photos. I have the Photopass + package. I added the photo CD to my cart, and chose digital download as my delivery method...now when I go to the "my downloads" section, all I am seeing are a few photos from rides...how do I download the rest?

alaskajoe said:
We just got back from our trip, and I went onto the Photopass site for my photos. I have the Photopass + package. I added the photo CD to my cart, and chose digital download as my delivery method...now when I go to the "my downloads" section, all I am seeing are a few photos from rides...how do I download the rest?

Ride photos are instantly there. You'll get an email with a link and instructions when the rest are ready. In my experience this takes anywhere from 2-8 hours but your miles may vary:)

Thanks so much! I was under the impression I just add the CD to the cart; I need to add each photo?
I am going to order the CD since I heard the site can be very slow to download photos from.

You should not have to add each photo - if you bought the photopass + you add the CD - you put in your code so it's free and you select either the CD or digital dowload - they download in no time in a zip file and I'd rather have them on a stick than a CD anyway.

Note, if you live in Canada - they will want you to pay $15 for shipping for the CD.

You need to enter the photopass card ID number(s) into your account. That's what will get all the rest of your pictures onto the account and ultimately onto your CD (or digital download emails since you're choosing that option).

My family gets the photopass, or now that they have + everytme we go to the park, and have never been disapointed

Technically, by copyright law, buying the CD does not give you the right to edit the photos, unless Disney specifically states that is ok in their release.

Technically, by copyright law, buying the CD does not give you the right to edit the photos, unless Disney specifically states that is ok in their release.

The only thing you're restricted from doing with the photos is to use them commercially. You are allowed to print them, use them for gifts, etc etc, and of course that means you can edit them, like change the size, etc. We just can't sell them.

boys5times, are you clear on the process? Add photopass card ID(s) to account. Make sure they are all there. Edit if you wish (add borders, change the sizes, etc, and every time you're done with a full edit of a picture, "save as copy"...if you want to edit in a border AND change the size, and have multiple sizes, you have to go back to the original and redo the border edit for each size you want). Add the CD to cart. Add the code to your cart. (that code can be put on at any time, really) That will zero out the costs (unless shipping internationally). Order either CD or download.

Once you get it, do what you will with the images, as long as you aren't using them commercially. :)

I've read that the downloads CAN take awhile to be emailed to you. That's what they do, they email the zip files in batches. Sometimes it can take a day or so.

Of course if you get the CD or download, you're going to want to copy the images into multiple formats, for "just in case" purpose. Get the download, copy them onto a CD, external harddrive, etc. Same for the CD. Multiple formats, just in case something goes awry!

Actually, a print release does not mean you can edit them, unless it SPECIFICALLY states that in the contract. One caveat is that most will allow cropping (changing size) without specific permission. But, using filters, adding words and borders, editing in photoshop, etc. technically is not allowed by law. This is something I am well versed on, both as a portrait photographer, and working with copyright and patent lawyers in my previous job.

Just trying to educate people on something most people do not understand well. :)

Just to make it clear, in the CD case and as an image on the CD is the license agreement. It clearly states "Seller hereby grants Buyer a worldwide, perpetual, royalty free license to reproduce, prepare derivative works of, distribute, and display the Photo File solely for personal, non-commercial use."

In other words, you are allowed to make as many copies as you like and make whatever edits (derivative works) you like as long as it is for your personal use.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts