Photography Blues *ADVICE PLEASE*

magicallyhayley

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone!

I’m getting married in October with the escape package and recently inquired with my consultant about what the photography timeline normally looks like so I could book a cosmetologist. She got back to me asking what dates and Magic Kingdom routes I would prefer. After I told her the route I would like to do she informed me that it will not be available at all during the time of my stay in Disney.

I know it’s theatrical but I am heartbroken over this. I don’t financially have the means to go back within the year and reschedule. I went through all of my previous emails and didn’t see anything about me requesting my route by a certain day. And it makes me feel like if I had not reached out to her I wouldn’t have had any options as far as photography is concerned.

She had been messaging me fairly quickly until this about 10:30 this morning when I expressed how disappointed I was and asking how this happened, now she hasn’t responded at all.

What should I do? I really want to know how the ball was dropped and I feel as though she’s being very vague with me. If it is my fault that’s fine - I just want to know. What would y’all do in my situation? Any and all advice would be helpful!

Let's think positive. Maybe she doesn't respond right away because she is trying to bend over backwards to find a way to get you the route desired or to offer you something that sort of equals your route, and she cannot answer till she hears back from other departments? And she doesn't tell you what she is checking because she doesn't want to disappoint you again.

You probably don't want to hear this, and I totally get you are upset (which is fully justified) but is the 'how' still relevant? Whether it was her or your fault, the route you want is not there. I understand you want to know, but it might not change the outcome. Focus on a solution and how to make it work.

I would ask where the problem with the route is, is it the entire route, or only a part? Let's say the castle is in refurbishment, covered in screens, plus the wishing well (if you go for that route) is also in refurbishment. I would ask if she can make substitutions. Can she take you by The Beast's Castle and Rapunzel's tower etc. This might be complicated if there would be another bride & groom taking pictures on one of those routes as well that morning, but maybe there are ways to get it planned (getting up extra extra early?).
If that is not possible, I would negotiate if the 'get back within 1 year'-rule can be bend.

Thank you for taking time to respond to me Karin, I think that’s just what I needed to hear. I need to remind myself that it is Disney and they will do there best to help me where they can.

The reason this happened is that Disney couples can book their in-park bridal portrait sessions as soon as they put down their wedding deposit. So a Wishes couple who was able to book at 12 months could have requested the date and route you wanted before the 10-month booking window for Escape opened. OR it could be the park blocked out all shoots that day due to construction/scheduling/special events/whatever. Either way, it's not your fault and it's not her fault. But it IS disappointing for sure!

I like @Karin1984's idea that your planner may be trying to work some magic for you, or that DFAP could let you do another route with a modification to get one of the places you wanted. If you are open to doing the shoot any day during your stay, it could be that one of them will only have that one other couple on your route, so they can work around them and get you the one spot you want most.

The reason this happened is that Disney couples can book their in-park bridal portrait sessions as soon as they put down their wedding deposit. So a Wishes couple who was able to book at 12 months could have requested the date and route you wanted before the 10-month booking window for Escape opened. OR it could be the park blocked out all shoots that day due to construction/scheduling/special events/whatever. Either way, it's not your fault and it's not her fault. But it IS disappointing for sure!

I like @Karin1984's idea that your planner may be trying to work some magic for you, or that DFAP could let you do another route with a modification to get one of the places you wanted. If you are open to doing the shoot any day during your stay, it could be that one of them will only have that one other couple on your route, so they can work around them and get you the one spot you want most.

Thank you for your response, it does make me feel better to know that is more or less a common thing. Im going to be positive and am trying find a time that I will be able to get back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter