Photograph sizes

DCLCrazy64622

DIS Veteran
I have to vent. I was on the Dream this past week and was so disappointed that Shutters only offered photos in certain sizes. I would have loved to purchase a picture of us in our pirate gear for my desk, but they only offered it in an 8x10 when I wanted it in a 5x7. When I asked if they could reprint it in a 5x7 they refused and pointed to the print on the Shutters flyer that stated only certain events are printed in 5x7 and cannot be changed. With all the technology they have, how stupid is that rule?! I’m not going to hang it on my wall so we didn’t buy it.

I have to vent. I was on the Dream this past week and was so disappointed that Shutters only offered photos in certain sizes. I would have loved to purchase a picture of us in our pirate gear for my desk, but they only offered it in an 8x10 when I wanted it in a 5x7. When I asked if they could reprint it in a 5x7 they refused and pointed to the print on the Shutters flyer that stated only certain events are printed in 5x7 and cannot be changed. With all the technology they have, how stupid is that rule?! I’m not going to hang it on my wall so we didn’t buy it.
Actually there are 2 photo sizes available - 8X10 and 6X8. Each type of photo only comes in that size. Generally the character photo ops are 6X8 and the formal photos/dinner table ones are 8X10.

Actually they don't offer 5x7 at all. They print in 8x10 and 6x8. I'm guessing they use 6x8 because it's a very obscure picture frame size except for the frames you can buy on the ship.

OK 6x8, but the point is, they wouldn’t change it.
Sign in Shutters:

photo sizes  a.png

I'm thinking it has to do with the fact that they are a mass production facility, and not a specialty photography studio. They only have the facilities to do specific size photos.

I wasn’t asking for a size they didn’t offer. I was asking them to change the same photo to another size they offer.

I understand your frustration, they obviously have the digital file since you can buy all of the digital pictures from your trip. Seems like they could even offer it as a "send it to you later" option even if they don't have the ability to reprint it right then and there.

I understand your frustration, they obviously have the digital file since you can buy all of the digital pictures from your trip. Seems like they could even offer it as a "send it to you later" option even if they don't have the ability to reprint it right then and there.
Yes! Finally someone who gets my point. Thank you for empathizing. :)

My guess is there was a border used and can’t be changed . I wish some pictures didn’t have borders and say they can’t be removed.

I don't understand all the technology of such things, but would a 6X8 photo be able to print 8X10 size? I'm not sure the ratios are equal.

I don't understand all the technology of such things, but would a 6X8 photo be able to print 8X10 size? I'm not sure the ratios are equal.

Probably something would get cut off - those ratios definitely aren't equal. I imagine it would take them too long (or at least more time than they want to commit) to changing photo sizes b/c it would require resizing and applying new borders etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter