Photo test

BluesTraveler

DIS Veteran
Before our next ABD, I'm trying to figure out how to post pictures. Here's a test one from Alaska last year. Let me know if you can see it.

Okay, I give up. How is this done? I tried to make a photobucket account, but that website is way too cluttered with ads - had to clear 4 of them before I even managed to upload one picture. How are the rest of you doing this so easily?

Okay, I give up. How is this done? I tried to make a photobucket account, but that website is way too cluttered with ads - had to clear 4 of them before I even managed to upload one picture. How are the rest of you doing this so easily?
I have ad blockers, so I never realized photobucket had a lot of ads. :( I create a private folder in the Library, and then upload to that private folder. They give you a "direct URL" and I copy it, then hit the button on this editor that looks like a picture of a mountain & the sun, and paste the URL into the popup. Viola, picture added to post...

You should be able to do that with pictures from any photo hosting site that gives you a direct URL.

Sayhello

Seeing if it will work from Shutterfly, which is what I normally use for pictures

I believe there is also a way to do it directly from your computer as long as the files are small enough by the upload file button ar the bottom of the reply box. I believe the max using method is 10 per post.

I'm not sure what you're posting, but I don't think it's the link to your photos. I tried going directly to the first Shutterfly URL you posted, and it wanted me to log into your account.

If you right-click on your photos in Shutterfly, and do "Copy photo location", you can paste that into the little "photo" popup here, and it will work. That's what I did to post this photo from my Shutterfly account.

ry%3D400

Sayhello

I tried going to the second Shutterfly URL you posted, and it did take me to a photo. But the actual URL of the photo was different. I right-clicked, and copied "Properties" and this is the link I got. Is this the picture you were trying to post?

Sayhello

enhance

The URL you're trying to use needs to end in a file format for pictures (such as JPG). I like imgur.com for hosting pics.

Okay, I just tested it, and you do not need to upload your pictures to a third party site. You can upload directly from your computer into a post. BUT--and this is key--the pictures can't be too large. I had to send myself copies in "medium" format to do it. And, as I said in the above post, there is a limit to the number of photos you can upload per post. If I remember correctly its a max of ten per post.

How you do it ...
1. While you are typing your post use the "upload file" button that is in the bottom right of the post box.

This is what it looks like:
uploadfilescreenshot.png
2. Select the photo you would like to upload. It will upload below the post box with a thumbnail. Put your cursor in the place you want it to go in the post and hit "Full Image." It will insert it in your post.

3. Here's an example of a photo done this way:
image1.jpeg

4. Here is what the bottom of my post looks like with the two above images uploaded:
example2.png
Hope that helps!

OK I've got it down now. Very easy once you guys walked me through it!! Thanks. Just updated our Alaska trip report to include a few pictures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter