Photo sharing: Sony Alpha

Back again from another WDW trip last weekend. Picked up a used Zeiss Batis 18mm and thought it performed really well. Got some really great photos with my cheap Sony 50mm as well. Overall was a fun weekend, stayed at The Dolphin for the first time in almost 20 years, forgot how nice it was staying close to those parks and in that area.

Flower and Garden Donald by Mike Sperduto, on Flickr

Boardwalk Entrance by Mike Sperduto, on Flickr

Under the Sea by Mike Sperduto, on Flickr

Beauty and the Beast by Mike Sperduto, on Flickr

Back again from another WDW trip last weekend. Picked up a used Zeiss Batis 18mm and thought it performed really well. Got some really great photos with my cheap Sony 50mm as well. Overall was a fun weekend, stayed at The Dolphin for the first time in almost 20 years, forgot how nice it was staying close to those parks and in that area.

Flower and Garden Donald by Mike Sperduto, on Flickr

Boardwalk Entrance by Mike Sperduto, on Flickr

Under the Sea by Mike Sperduto, on Flickr

Beauty and the Beast by Mike Sperduto, on Flickr

Great shots. Wait till Star Wars opens, the popularity of the Dolphin will soar.

It's been a little while since I shared some local wildlife shots...so here's a selection of some colorful beasts from around the Florida wetlands with the A6300 and FE100-400mm GM:

A colorful purple gallinule:
original.jpg

A great blue heron soaring overhead in a bumpy cloudy blue sky:
original.jpg

A northern cardinal hiding in the shady forest, but standing out anyway:
original.jpg

A green heron perched on a low reed over the water, ready to strike at the fish below:
original.jpg

The lovely roseate spoonbill showing off some mating colors:
original.jpg

A green iguana, turning on the orange colors to attract a mate:
original.jpg

Normally a dull white bird with dull yellow bill and black legs, come mating season the cattle egret can turn on some color, especially in the face:
original.jpg

The great egret can only turn the base of his bill a green color for mating - but he has another trick in his arsenal: he grows out long feathers on his back that can be fanned out peacock-style to make a wonderful display for any potential mate to see:
original.jpg

A flock of black-hooded, aka 'Nanday' parakeets flying past in a burst of color in the blue sky:
original.jpg

A small Florida native, the green anole does sport a lovely shade of green - though he's also a bit chameleon-like in that he can change his body color to browns, reds, and blacks to blend in to different surfaces. Here, he's flashing his dewlap at me to show he's not intimidated:
original.jpg

A yellow-bellied sapsucker, showing off her red head and nice pattern:
original.jpg

The beautiful and rather noticeable bird that can't be missed - the male painted bunting showing off his full palette:
original.jpg

Lots of black and white birds like to still have a little bit of color to be noticed - on this black-necked stilt, it's the pink legs and vivid red eye:
original.jpg

Another male painted bunting, hiding deep in the shade of a low fan palm just 8 feet away from me - even in shadow it's impossible to hide when you're this colorful:
original.jpg

A tiny tiny tiny little thing, the ruby-throated hummingbird often doesn't look 'ruby-throated', unless the light hits the black feathers under their neck from the right angle...here's a male showing off his 'rubies':
original.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!