Photo pass

chrissyc72

Mouseketeer
Is there a photo pass option like at Disney? If so, have you used it and did you think it was worth it? And how much was it?

https://www.universalorlando.com/we...html#universal-photos-participating-locations

They also sometimes run good deals. I got 5 days for $59.99 at Mardi gras. Would not have paid full price, but for the discounted price I thought it was worthwhile. You get all the ride photos at all 3 parks (including "line photos" like Gringotts, ET, Seuss trolly train), plus opportunistic ones wherever you see the people with the bright yellow cameras (most meet and greets, park entrances, sometimes in front of photogenic areas like the Hogwarts castle or Seuss land). Plus I got a few pics of 2 random families in my account ;)

Oh and they also have automatic cameras at a few spots - in front of the Jurassic Park SUV & the Delorian time machine - which take your pic and add cool borders.

We bought the AP annual photo pass and we love it! So nice to get all the ride photos(would not normally pay for these) and the family pictures!

A Lot of the characters have a photographer with them now and many are stationed throughout the park at scenic areas.

Thanks @CAPSLOCK about the automatic pictures! Didn't know about these!

My avatar is one that comes with the photo pass. If you are staying longer than a few days, you can’t get a photo package from the universal website. You need to go to https://presale.amazingpictures.com/UniversalFlorida.aspx to get a package.

Overall I like it. But I understand those who don't. It isn’t nearly as good as Disney’s. Not as many photographers and the pictures aren’t quite as good. But overall it is worth it.

There is a sticky about the photo pass program

Hope it helps you.

I haven't done the photo set up at disney in many years.
Only did it when it was offered free when it started up.

It is listed as the Mardi Gras photo package but has the info for the basic program

Is it more expensive to purchase in the park?
Or is the pre-purchase deal the best option? Assuming there is no special pricing deals.

The website says it is $10 more expensive in the park. But you can purchase online up to right before your trip, so you can wait to see if good deals pop up in the meantime. I purchased less than 36hrs before I activated it in the park. Keep an eye on the link PantherPete posted for deals. You do have to print it out the confirmation e-mail though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!