Photo pass?

kaygela

<font color=coral>was having a blond moment at the
Is there a photo pass package available like the ones at the USA parks?

Not for foreigners in my experience. You can buy pictures at some of the character stops, I paid 1500 yen for our picture with Ariel, but there were no packages for all the pictures during a day.

There is, but it's all in Japanese. The ap, the website are all in Japanese, so if you can get a local to help you, you could manage to download your pictures.

We also took pictures in front of the castle and with Donald where they gave us paper receipts where we could collect our picture at the end of the day if we liked it.

I'm not sure why you posted in the other thread when I did my best to answer your question here.

So again, in my experience, no, there are no Photopass packages for foreigners, unless you are fluent in Japanese and/or have a Japanese address you can use i.e. not a hotel.

When I was there in June, I don't remember seeing many photopass photographers outside a few character meet n-greets. When it was our turn to meet a character in question we were asked if we wanted to prepurchase a 1500 yen picture. If we said no, the photographer ignored us. If we said yes, the photographer took 1 or 2 pictures of us and then one was picked by the castmembers to give us already printed for our 1500 yen after we paid. We did the Meet-n-Greets with Ariel, Sea!Mickey, Sea!Minnie, Sea!Donald, and Sea!Goofy. We did none in DL.

I don't remember seeing any PhotoPass Photographers outside of these specific character meet-n- greets (i.e. roaming ones or ones in front of the parks.) If there were any, they were very few in number and mostly stuck to the Japanese. There were insane numbers of characters, many characters you rarely see and/or rarely sign in WDW/DL but none of them had a photographer outside the permanent meet-n-greets.

There is no photo pass, but you can get a card from the photographers with a code which you can use to get your photos. If you live in Japan/have a friend with a Japanese address, you can use the photo website to order your photos. (They do not ship outside of Japan): https://www.tdronlinephoto.jp/

Otherwise, you can keep your card and take it to the Camera Center and print them there. They can also make you a CD with all your photos of the day. (Takes about 90 minutes.) http://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/en/help/str_id_tdl_photo/

I have not used this service but that's the info I've found from the Japanese sites. Good luck!

I'm not sure why you posted in the other thread when I did my best to answer your question here.

So again, in my experience, no, there are no Photopass packages for foreigners, unless you are fluent in Japanese and/or have a Japanese address you can use i.e. not a hotel.

When I was there in June, I don't remember seeing many photopass photographers outside a few character meet n-greets. When it was our turn to meet a character in question we were asked if we wanted to prepurchase a 1500 yen picture. If we said no, the photographer ignored us. If we said yes, the photographer took 1 or 2 pictures of us and then one was picked by the castmembers to give us already printed for our 1500 yen after we paid. We did the Meet-n-Greets with Ariel, Sea!Mickey, Sea!Minnie, Sea!Donald, and Sea!Goofy. We did none in DL.

I don't remember seeing any PhotoPass Photographers outside of these specific character meet-n- greets (i.e. roaming ones or ones in front of the parks.) If there were any, they were very few in number and mostly stuck to the Japanese. There were insane numbers of characters, many characters you rarely see and/or rarely sign in WDW/DL but none of them had a photographer outside the permanent meet-n-greets.
I'm sorry. I didn't mean to insult you but I had seen someone post about the photopass in another thread and thought perhaps they did know of a way to do it so I inquired. Sometimes people can have different experiences and different information. Since they seemed to have had first hand experience using it, I asked the question.

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to insult you but I had seen someone post about the photopass in another thread and thought perhaps they did know of a way to do it so I inquired. Sometimes people can have different experiences and different information. Since they seemed to have had first hand experience using it, I asked the question.

Except that person who you were quoting in both your posts in that other thread was me. ^^;

I'm the person who posted: "Photopass refused to take pictures of us with characters unless we agreed to purchase the pictures ahead of time, they also took fewer pictures of us than the Japanese guests and we got whichever picture they felt was best and never even saw the 2nd one vs. the 5+ they took of Japanese people."

So it seemed odd you were somehow expecting me to give you another answer. I posted in this thread a more detailed version of exactly what transpired in terms of PhotoPass. Unlike other posters, we were not given slips or offered any professional pictures unless we agreed to pre purchase pictures for 1500 yen first. Then we were given a slip and directed to the pick up booth. We then had to pay, wait 10 minutes for our picture and then carry it around since they were not willing to send them onto our official Tokyo Disney Hotel.(which sucked because it was pouring rain and I was worried my 1500 yen picture would be ruined. It was not.) We were in TDR June 20-22 2017 and went to the parks on the 21st and 22nd.

I'm not angry or insulted it just feels somewhat awkward to use someone else's thread with a completely different question that the original poster can't answer. :/

Except that person who you were quoting in both your posts in that other thread was me. ^^;

I'm the person who posted: "Photopass refused to take pictures of us with characters unless we agreed to purchase the pictures ahead of time, they also took fewer pictures of us than the Japanese guests and we got whichever picture they felt was best and never even saw the 2nd one vs. the 5+ they took of Japanese people."

So it seemed odd you were somehow expecting me to give you another answer. I posted in this thread a more detailed version of exactly what transpired in terms of PhotoPass. Unlike other posters, we were not given slips or offered any professional pictures unless we agreed to pre purchase pictures for 1500 yen first. Then we were given a slip and directed to the pick up booth. We then had to pay, wait 10 minutes for our picture and then carry it around since they were not willing to send them onto our official Tokyo Disney Hotel.(which sucked because it was pouring rain and I was worried my 1500 yen picture would be ruined. It was not.) We were in TDR June 20-22 2017 and went to the parks on the 21st and 22nd.

I'm not angry or insulted it just feels somewhat awkward to use someone else's thread with a completely different question that the original poster can't answer. :/
Well, this is embarrassing. I didn't notice you were the same person. I saw what I now know was your comment, which mentioned the photo pass, and decided to ask. That's why I quoted what you said. The question was intended for you not the original poster. I guess I was over zealous.

I'm lucky to have Japanese friends that can order the CD for me. One CD holds up to 80 pics. After you order it online, it takes about 10 days to arrive.
If you are not that lucky, you are doomed to buy prints...

I won't have someone with me all the days, but I do have a friend in Japan. So basically there won't be anyone to ask to take my photo with characters? How about in front of the castles? How much is a CD if I choose to order it?

the greeter can take one with your camera.
In front of the castle they sometimes have photographers but not all the time, you can always ask other visitors.
The CD was about 6500 yen if I recall correctly and you can choose up to 80 pics. If you want more, you pay the same for a second CD (you can pick them online but all is in Japanese and shipping only to a Japanese address)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!