Photo package yes or no?

Hi! We've cruised a few times, but never got a photo package. Considering it for an upcoming Alaska cruise! What are the borders like on the digital pics? Just a plain white border?

I budgeted for it but wanted to wait and see how they turned out. Our toddler refused to smile and most of the pictures were not ideal, so our cell phone photos ended up good enough. On our cruise prior to that we did purchase 10ish photos because they were wonderful. So I say, maybe just budget for it and see what they look like before purchasing.

Hi! We've cruised a few times, but never got a photo package. Considering it for an upcoming Alaska cruise! What are the borders like on the digital pics? Just a plain white border?
Generally a colored boarder of some sort (not your typical white edge found on photos) with fancy touches.

For example:

We usually buy a few if any of them turn out especially well, but we've never purchased a package. We kind of prefer unposed shots and I carry a decent DSLR with me most of the time, so we don't lack for photos.

We just did our first Disney Cruise and loved the photo package. We pre-purchased the all digital package.I know there are a wide range of opinions and I really wondered if we’d be happy, here is why I’m glad we did it:

- We loved not having to worry about getting our phones etc, just having someone else take the photos was great.

- We felt the quality of what we got was great. There were a lot of really great pictures. I think we had just shy of 200 on our 5 night cruise.

- We did do a number of character meet and greets as well as prioritizing doing the formal photo stations each night before dinner

-We loved the roaming photographers we got fun shots on deck and some favorites from the photographers on the beach at Castaway Cay. They were a bit of an unexpected surprise.

- This is more of a tip but in the chaos of our first time disembarking I totally forgot to pick up our USB key with the photos until after we were long gone from the port. I was absolutely devastated but we called and they directed us to open a support ticket. We got a link to download our photos within like 48 hours so it all worked out. Don’t recommend you forget to pick it up but if you do all is not lost.

Hope that helps!

We just did our first Disney Cruise and loved the photo package. We pre-purchased the all digital package.I know there are a wide range of opinions and I really wondered if we’d be happy, here is why I’m glad we did it:

- We loved not having to worry about getting our phones etc, just having someone else take the photos was great.

- We felt the quality of what we got was great. There were a lot of really great pictures. I think we had just shy of 200 on our 5 night cruise.

- We did do a number of character meet and greets as well as prioritizing doing the formal photo stations each night before dinner

-We loved the roaming photographers we got fun shots on deck and some favorites from the photographers on the beach at Castaway Cay. They were a bit of an unexpected surprise.

- This is more of a tip but in the chaos of our first time disembarking I totally forgot to pick up our USB key with the photos until after we were long gone from the port. I was absolutely devastated but we called and they directed us to open a support ticket. We got a link to download our photos within like 48 hours so it all worked out. Don’t recommend you forget to pick it up but if you do all is not lost.

Hope that helps!
Thank you! I didn't know you had to pick it up!

Thanks for the great tips. It would definitely be hard to crop out the borders on what was shown. The borders do look nice, though! Certainly something to consider for Alaska. It will be our first cruise longer than the 4 night Bahamas cruises.

Thanks for the great tips. It would definitely be hard to crop out the borders on what was shown. The borders do look nice, though! Certainly something to consider for Alaska. It will be our first cruise longer than the 4 night Bahamas cruises.
The hard part is that the Shutters photos are not standard sized, and the borders make them even less so.

When you get pictures taken, is your KTTWC card scanned to add the pictures to your account? I wasn't sure if it worked like Memory Maker.

So we just bought our first package before our cruise and glad we did. usually we just buy a few pictures and those are expensive. It was FAR cheaper to buy the package and you aren’t trying to pick the best few. We just got off a MDAS cruise and 5 of our pics were our DS with the characters, one of us on Marvel Day that night, and that left 4 for restaurant and dress up night. We have no regrets. FYI. If you can afford it, then I’d suggest it. Otherwise, big pictures are around $20 each if I remember correctly. Oh, the package is ALL 8x10’s. We got the printed package as we learned a long time ago, to get digital, we spent a lot more to print once we got home. So for us, we just pay for the printed! (But we don’t do any digital comp stuff like some may do). Hope this helps. Have fun!!

The hard part is that the Shutters photos are not standard sized, and the borders make them even less so.

Oh! I never noticed! I do photo books on Shutterfly and just keep the ratio intact and size appropriate for the page I’m working on. So easy to customize that I never knew they weren’t standard sizes. I’ve always thought they were cute, but now I understand a little more why people complain about them.

When you get pictures taken, is your KTTWC card scanned to add the pictures to your account? I wasn't sure if it worked like Memory Maker.
They ask for your room number and type it into the camera. You pick up a USB on the last night or as you're disembarking. You can stop by the photo area any time and look at your pictures on computers to see what you have so far.

They ask for your room number and type it into the camera. You pick up a USB on the last night or as you're disembarking. You can stop by the photo area any time and look at your pictures on computers to see what you have so far.
In January on the Fantasy, they often asked for cards during character meet and greets. At dinner, it was usually just room number. So be prepared for both.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter