Photo package with multi-rooms questions

Tink113

DIS Veteran
you’d think i’d Know since this will be my 10th cruise, but i’ve never pre-purchased a package before...

We have 3 rooms booked with all members of our family going. I know that if you purchase a package they only include photos of your family in your room BUT... what about photos that ALL of us are in?

If we take some photos all as a family or it we do photos that have all of the kids in it, will those be included? Since we are in them??

you’d think i’d Know since this will be my 10th cruise, but i’ve never pre-purchased a package before...

We have 3 rooms booked with all members of our family going. I know that if you purchase a package they only include photos of your family in your room BUT... what about photos that ALL of us are in?

If we take some photos all as a family or it we do photos that have all of the kids in it, will those be included? Since we are in them??
If your room has purchased a full digital photo package, ANY photo taken with ANYONE from that room in it will be included on the USB.

I'll also point out that, if you purchase a full digital package, you can get a second room's full digital package for 50% off.

If your room has purchased a full digital photo package, ANY photo taken with ANYONE from that room in it will be included on the USB.

I'll also point out that, if you purchase a full digital package, you can get a second room's full digital package for 50% off.

What is the process for getting the 2nd package for 50% off? We have only stayed in one room in the past. Our next one we will be spread across 2 rooms.

TIA

I was told (by DCL) we didnt have to order two packages just link the two rooms when we arrived on the ship. Could be given false information but thats what they told me...

According to the FAQ on the photo site:
"My family is traveling in multiple staterooms. Can you link multiple staterooms under one photo package?

Your Photo USB will contain your photos that include at least one member of the purchasing stateroom. We can accommodate families traveling in more than one stateroom where the occupants are the children 21 and under of the purchasing stateroom. If you meet this criteria, please order one photo package online and speak to a member of the Photo Gallery when you arrive onboard to have this arranged. We are not able to link accounts before you arrive onboard. For further information see our support site article here."

So this may not satisfy what they told me, a little concerned we might have to buy another package now (or just make sure we always cross the members of each room across the pictures :) )

We were spread across two rooms (2a, 3k) on a recent cruise, and had one photo package booked. On the first day, I stopped by Shutters, and told them that my kids were in another stateroom (single package only applies to children staying in another room) - they just made a note of it, and I did not have any issues with mis-identified pictures, regardless of whether they scanned mine or my wife's card.

Ok, I just want to see if I am correct in understanding this.

Room 1 - my family
Room 2 - my brother and his family
Room 3 - my in laws

As long as any of the 4 of us in my room are in photos taken, they will be included on the USB. Even if it’s my son + his grandparents or my brother’s kids + my kids??

Ok, I just want to see if I am correct in understanding this.

Room 1 - my family
Room 2 - my brother and his family
Room 3 - my in laws

As long as any of the 4 of us in my room are in photos taken, they will be included on the USB. Even if it’s my son + his grandparents or my brother’s kids + my kids??
Yes. I'm in a similar position. My DW is booked in with her mom to avoid her having to pay double for a single room. So we can do pictures with my family of 4, pictures with all 5 of us, but no pictures of just my wife. (Which will only be impacted when they come around and do individual pictures at dinner time.)

So this may not satisfy what they told me, a little concerned we might have to buy another package now (or just make sure we always cross the members of each room across the pictures :) )

Who is booked into each room? Parents and minor children spread across 2 rooms - all will be included in 1 photo package.
Your family in 1 room and grandparents in the other - the second stateroom can purchase with a discount, but only if someone from your stateroom is in the picture will it be included on your package.

Enjoy your cruise!

What do you suppose happens if a DW and her mom are in one room and the DH and kids in another? If the DW buys the package, can she include all members or does the presence of grandma nullify the "nuclear family" rule?

I’m interested in this too. We have a multigenerational trip and spread the kids across multiple rooms.

Room 1: me, DH, DD1, DS
Room 2: my parents, DD2

If I read the FAQ statement, it sounds like only the children in the second room are included. Does that sound right?

We also have a multi-generational trip with three staterooms. I was planning to pre-purchase the photo package and then share the photos with my parents as this trip is for their 50th anniversary, but it looks like we may only have access to the photos that one of us is in. Our rooms are as follows:

Room 1: Me, DH, DS (8), DS (5)
Room 2: my parents
Room 3: DS (19) and my brother

Since oldest DS is under 21 would we get pictures from their room too? But then not from my parents. How would we go about buying the second digital package for half off? I really want my parents to have the memories and would like to get it for them as a gift.

We also have a multi-generational trip with three staterooms. I was planning to pre-purchase the photo package and then share the photos with my parents as this trip is for their 50th anniversary, but it looks like we may only have access to the photos that one of us is in. Our rooms are as follows:

Room 1: Me, DH, DS (8), DS (5)
Room 2: my parents
Room 3: DS (19) and my brother

Since oldest DS is under 21 would we get pictures from their room too? But then not from my parents. How would we go about buying the second digital package for half off? I really want my parents to have the memories and would like to get it for them as a gift.
The way I read the rule is that if Room 1 buys the package then you get any picture with a Room 1 occupant or your DS(19). You would not get any pictures that only contained your parents or your brother. But you would get group pictures with the 8 of you, etc.

What do you suppose happens if a DW and her mom are in one room and the DH and kids in another? If the DW buys the package, can she include all members or does the presence of grandma nullify the "nuclear family" rule?
Interesting thought. If I read the rule correctly, then we'd get the pictures with DW, her mother, or the kids, and then just not get any pictures of just me.

Interesting thought. If I read the rule correctly, then we'd get the pictures with DW, her mother, or the kids, and then just not get any pictures of just me.
And that's the question. If grandmas wasn't there, it would be a nuclear family and all members of both rooms would be included. You just go to Shutters and let them know you're across two rooms. But the question is if grandma's presence in the room that bought the package changes anything.

The way I read the rule is that if Room 1 buys the package then you get any picture with a Room 1 occupant or your DS(19). You would not get any pictures that only contained your parents or your brother. But you would get group pictures with the 8 of you, etc.

Thank you! That's what I was leaning towards. My brother could generally care less if he has photos taken or given to him. He will likely cooperate for the occasion, but the group photos will be fine I think. I would like my parents though to be able to get some nice pictures of the two of them by themselves. I guess we could just buy a few prints. I'll have to research and figure out what is a better deal. But at 50% off I think getting them all the photos vs. a handful is a better deal.

In this scenario, I believe everyone’s pics will be included, since grandma is in the room purchasing the package and the second room is immediate family/minor children of someone in the room purchasing the package.

If I read the FAQ statement, it sounds like only the children in the second room are included. Does that sound right?

Pics with only your parents (no one from your immediate family) will NOT be included. Pics of your DD2, and any pics with at least 1 person from your stateroom, will be included.

Since oldest DS is under 21 would we get pictures from their room too? But then not from my parents. How would we go about buying the second digital package for half off?

The 19 yr old is not a minor so will not be included. With room occupants as it is set up now, only your stateroom would receive pictures, plus any pics that include at least one person from your stateroom. The second package can be purchased at a discount onboard. I believe a third package would be full price.

Enjoy your cruise!

The 19 yr old is not a minor so will not be included. With room occupants as it is set up now, only your stateroom would receive pictures, plus any pics that include at least one person from your stateroom. The second package can be purchased at a discount onboard. I believe a third package would be full price.
The ourcruisephotos site says that 21 is the age, so the 19 yr old should be included.

"We can accommodate families traveling in more than one stateroom where the occupants are the children 21 and under of the purchasing stateroom."

@CM Dad Ah, thanks! It used to say “minors” and did not include older teens. It makes sense as I would think most 18-20 yr olds are cruising with their families.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter