Photo package question

CaryHaven

DIS Veteran
Ok, it seems from what I’m reading that the photo package has changed over the years. The longest span I saw online was for three days, but I have seen a post here about adding days to the three day package. It does not seem like they had the best of luck retrieving their photos either (with the extended day). We will be there for five days. How can I best capture all the pictures? Ideally, I wanted the package to maybe save money (it certainly did in Disney where we would take long trips and many pictures were added to the Band automatically), but it doesn’t seem like a lot of rides add them automatically? Also, I think I can just activate a card to reuse in the park on our first day, but is it possible to activate a card at the hotel prior to getting to the park? Any ideas helpful. Thank you!

Ok, after further research, I found the area that had a 30 day photo package and also a year long one. It runs a little bit cheaper than if I buy in the park, but it doesn’t let me complete my purchase. Anyone else had issues with this?

I'm at Universal right now. We were here for 9 days, so I bought a 5 and 3 day package. It's a lot easier than I originally thought. They give you a card and lanyard at the photo store when you redeem the ticket (which looks like the park ticket) you just wear the lanyard and when you finish a ride look for the photo boxes and scan the ticket, find your photo and add it. There have been a lot of photographers throughout the parks this week. Got a bunch of photos in front of the globe and throughout IOA, near the Hulk ride. The only ride that was confusing was RIP Ride Rocket, there you find your photo, memorize the last three numbers, then go to the photo desk, tell them the numbers, scan your card and they give you a receipt with numbers. You go online and add the photos later. I didn't like this, because, me being me, I lost at least two or three of them throughout the day. But the whole process is easier than I thought and for me and this trip, well worth it. Have a blast and enjoy making memories!!

If you can wait for it wait to see if they have a Black Friday offer.

Last time I got the 1 year special for 129.
It was 15 months plus a bunch of extras I did not end up using. Shutterbugs and a Video from RRR.
Some prints as well - but I don't think I bothered with those.
The ET photos are pretty cool.

No idea if there will be a deal but I'd probably wait at this point if you can.

I have asked this elsewhere, but have the replaced the photo opportunity with the green screens that used to be at the Dark Room on Hollywood Blvd?
That was the best part of the pass IMO and I still have not seen the promised replacement.
Was nice to get the ride photos as well, but its not like you need more than one of those for each ride - the dark room always had updated backdrops for various seasons etc..

I know I have said it 1000 times - but Universal needs to get rid of the third party and do this themselves right - maybe with Epic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter