Phone lost in hull of plane

Sorry to hear that especially being out of the country without your phone. I hope she gets it back but I also hope that she let the airline know what happened. Did she tell them? I think it's very important they know.

Yes, she let them know right away. That is why in her message to me she said they might be able to give it back to her when they go back through Paris on the their way home to Boston. They will be flying tomorrow (Tuesday), so hope to know by late tomorrow night whether she got it back or not.

This seems extremely unlikely. I work with folks that have supervised cleaners of commercial aircraft and have crawled all over. They can't think of any place a phone could slip into the hull of the plane. If so, I'd be very wary of flying that airline!

Yes, she let them know right away. That is why in her message to me she said they might be able to give it back to her when they go back through Paris on the their way home to Boston. They will be flying tomorrow (Tuesday), so hope to know by late tomorrow night whether she got it back or not.
Did she file a formal report with the airline, or did she just "say something" to the FA or gate agent? I'd say there's a pretty good chance (maybe not 50%, but more than 10%) that it won't even be the same plane when they pick her up in Paris. And a much better chance that it's not the same flight crew.

This has to be the weirdest way a person can lose their phone! My dd is currently in Italy on a school trip that she is chaperoning. Got a message from her that while on the way to Italy, her phone slipped off her lap and fell into the hull of the plane!!! Didn't know that could even happen! Her message said that she hopes to get her phone back when the travel back through Paris on their way home -- what do you thnk the odds are that she will actually get the phone back? I told her not to count on it :-(.

I promised I would update when dd let us know what happened when she got back to the US. As expected, no phone. Apparently, she needed to fill out a form when she first lost the phone (even though none of the 3 people she spoke to told her that) and since she didn't no one had looked for the phone. She is absolutely livid! Can guarantee that she will never fly Air France again!! Nor, will we. That is such poor customer service on their part to not give the right information and therefor not even attempt to rectify the situation. Hopefully, the cell phone insurance will at least give her some money toward a new phone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!