Phone Books

disneychrista

DIS Veteran
We just got a new phone book, which went from the front porch to the recycle bin. Which got me thinking does anyone actually use old paper phone books? We get two different phone books and they both go in the recycle bin.

So my question is do you use a paper phone book? Do they still deliver phone books to your house?

It's still delivered, but we toss it also. Now if I need a number I just look it up online. My mom (70s) still keeps hers around.

We keep one old yellow pages. If we need something done and can’t get a recommendation we use the old yellow pages. We figure if the company is still in business and using the same phone number after 15 years they are probably somewhat legit.

Mine goes in the trash. Even my 69 yr old mom looks up numbers on her phone now. Maybe 70 is the cutoff! I know my 92 yr old grandmother used it before she passed away but that’s about the only person I know.

We get them but they go in the recycling bin immediately. Come to think of it I should probably look to see if I can opt our house out of them.

Mine goes in the trash. Even my 69 yr old mom looks up numbers on her phone now. Maybe 70 is the cutoff! I know my 92 yr old grandmother used it before she passed away but that’s about the only person I know.
Your mom is a youngster! Mine's 76 ;)

We opted out years ago. I haven’t used one in at least a decade. Probably longer.

I can’t remember if we opted out or if you have to opt in but we haven’t received either in a few years. I know my parents still get them.

We get the at our chamber office, but they go to the recycle - we don’t have anyone ask for them and they take up space, PLUS - cell numbers aren’t listed qand a lot of businesses are going to VOIP numbers

This is weird.......... I was just thinking about the big phone books the other day and wondering if they still make them because we hadn’t received one in years. I don’t even know why that random thought popped into my head.

Then I heard a thump at the front door. I opened the door and there it was. Brand new. o_O

Haven't received or used a new one in donkey years. They did make great paperweights to sponge spots on carpeting and rugs though.

We just got a new phone book, which went from the front porch to the recycle bin. Which got me thinking does anyone actually use old paper phone books? We get two different phone books and they both go in the recycle bin.

So my question is do you use a paper phone book? Do they still deliver phone books to your house?

We get several every year, white pages and yellow pages, a thick one for the whole county and a smaller one for just our town. It really is a huge waste of paper. They should stop printing or only send on request.

LOL, funny memory from my childhood: in my family, we used them as booster seats. If a kid was too small at the kitchen table, they’d sit on a couple of phone books.

We get several every year, white pages and yellow pages, a thick one for the whole county and a smaller one for just our town. It really is a huge waste of paper. They should stop printing or only send on request.

LOL, funny memory from my childhood: in my family, we used them as booster seats. If a kid was too small at the kitchen table, they’d sit on a couple of phone books.
Yep.Grandparents and similar dinna have specialty goods for babies brought to their homes; they had phone books and bolster pillows! :cool:

We haven't in years, here you can register to not have it delivered, I doubt t many people bother anymore

If you get a phone book and throw it right into the recycle bin, you can opt-out of receiving it altogether and help save the environment:

https://www.yellowpagesoptout.com/

It’s a website run by the trade association for the phone books and will show you a list of what books you can opt-out of. If the book you get isn’t listed, there should still be an opt-out website or phone number in the book you receive.

The last one I got was probably about 5 years ago. I don't think I opted out, but I think they just gave up.

I guess I the odd one out here (nothin unusual about that) I do still use phone books once in awhile even the ones I brought from home when I moved 1,000 miles they aew several yrs old still come in very handy at times.

I can't even remember the last time we received one--can't imagine I ever gave it enough thought to opt out of it though...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!