Phil's Adventures in Hong Kong Disneyland - April 2016 *new June 29th - link to PTR added*

After some discussion we both agreed that the HK cast members lacked the devotion and passion about all things Disney that is evident at WDW.

I have had quite the opposite in my experiences with HK CMs. They have been, in general, my favourite out of all the Disney parks I've visited so far!

I have had quite the opposite in my experiences with HK CMs. They have been, in general, my favourite out of all the Disney parks I've visited so far!

I'm glad your experience was different than ours.

One example we encountered: The bus route from the hotels to the park makes 3 stops; one at HK Disneyland Hotel, one at Disney Hollywood Hotel, and the third stop at the park. It is about a 10-15 minute circuit. Once the bus drops off its passengers, the bus drivers park up and take a 15 minute break. Even when the park closes, and all 4 queues are full waiting for busses, the bus drivers take their break, which I find very contrary to what happens at WDW, where a dispatcher will always send a bus over to ensure a guest is not left waiting. But okay, perhaps the labour laws are different in HK and require this. One night we were in line for about 30 minutes, and we boarded a bus. The bus driver skipped the Disneyland Hotel, dropped off at Hollywood Hotel, then went back to the park and insisted we get off the bus and wait for the next bus as he was now on break. We, along with several Cantonese speaking guests protested, and there was quite a heated discussion before the bus driver relented and drove us to the Disneyland Hotel. I can't imagine a WDW bus driver arguing with a passenger; it's just unfathomable! To the contrary, we've experience on several occasions WDW bus drivers who would take a guest to a hotel or restaurant that was not on their route. That's what I found missing at HK; I felt that most CMs were just doing a job, no more.

I don't believe DH or I are wingers or whiners generally; we're usually quite tolerant and accommodating. My stepson and his girlfriend also noted it. Perhaps you can tell me of your good experiences with HK CMs and what makes them your favourite.

Perhaps you can tell me of your good experiences with HK CMs and what makes them your favourite.

I haven't had any specific good experiences in HK or bad experiences in other parks, I've just found them to be the most consistently friendly and enthusiastic.

thanks again for sending me the link to your trip report Phil! really appreciate it.

getting more and more excited now! october can't come soon enough.

I noticed one of your comments on someone else's TR I was following and noticed this TR link in your signature and took interest in your take on HK! We visited once about 10 years ago, but that made me only 13, and I didn't remember much of it. Loved reading your TR and seeing your pictures! I remember liking their Space Mountain better than the one at WDW and finding it just as thrilling, but a bit of a smoother ride. I'll have to make a note to get back and catch up on your more recent reports soon!

I've just found your TR as I'm beginning to plan our trip to Asia next year. Thank you for sharing your wonderful tips and photos. We'll have 3 days in HK, and can't pass up the chance to spend at least 1 day at HKDL. I'm also keen to go to see the Big Buddha, but my DH doesn't cope well with heights (the glass bottomed gondolas would be a definite no-no!).

I've just found your TR as I'm beginning to plan our trip to Asia next year. Thank you for sharing your wonderful tips and photos. We'll have 3 days in HK, and can't pass up the chance to spend at least 1 day at HKDL. I'm also keen to go to see the Big Buddha, but my DH doesn't cope well with heights (the glass bottomed gondolas would be a definite no-no!).

I'm also not good with heights so we just took a bus to see Big Buddha instead on the gondolas, I would looked into this option as its really worth going there xx

I'm also not good with heights so we just took a bus to see Big Buddha instead on the gondolas, I would looked into this option as its really worth going there xx

Thank you for the tip - I'll check this out online soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!