Philadelphia Marathon 2020

SheHulk

off to the (runDisney) races
Well, according to philadelphiamarathon.com , the Philadelphia Marathon Weekend is 137 days away and the races have not been canceled (yet). I've started a training plan and am hoping there are others who have signed up, or are thinking of signing up to take the place of NYC or any other canceled races in late fall, who want to discuss and try to get some mojo up for training for this race.

As for me, I've run the half at this race weekend before, but 2020 (should it happen) will be my first Philadelphia full marathon, and my 6th marathon. My first full marathon outside of WDW. I'm gunning for a sub-5 hour race which doesn't sound like a big thing but it is to me. I'm hoping they continue the tinkling mini-Liberty Bell medal motif because I love my half medal that is this style!

This is normally my DW's go-to run to make sure she's ready for Dopey. She loves The Freedom Challenge (half+8k on day 1, followed by the full the next day). She hasn't signed up for 2020, yet, as we're waiting to see if any other major race will happen before then.

Philly Weekend is on Week 21 of the Galloway training calendar, and Galloway has Week 22 as a 4-day 3/4 pseudo-Dopey run, so I will flip those weeks on her calendar, and use Philly as the runs.

I posted this on The Running Thread, but the city is planning to cancel all large events for the next 6 months. Broad Street, Rock and Roll Half, and The Mummer's parade were all specifically mentioned in the article. The Philly Marathon wasn't mentioned, but it's in the same time frame, so I'm imagining it'll get zapped, also.

Yeah, I just saw this too, thanks for posting. Guaranteed the marathon is included in this. I mean, I kind of expected it would happen but now that it's official, I'm sad.

Well, today would have been race day :sad1: I was in the city and noticed a few runners on Chestnut Street running past my building, which is on the route. I wonder if some folks just went out on their own and ran the route anyway. The temps would have been perfect, even though it's overcast. Next year!

Yeah, I saw that this weekend should've been the races and dwelled on it for a while. I didn't tell my DW, because I think she'd be down all day if she knew.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter