Pete thinks Fall Discounts will be released in the not so distant future....

So, good news/so-so news.

The good news is that I was able to finally get my AP discount applied for my November stay at CSR with a Gran Destino Tower room.

The so-so news is that they ran out of the standard view rooms so I had to upgrade to a water view room, which I actually didn’t necessarily want. Unless I’d otherwise be looking at the dumpsters, a water view is not important enough for me to pay extra, especially when there aren’t any balconies.

At the end, though, I’m still saving over $30 a night over my original standard room rack rate with a supposedly better view, so it’s a net win.
Awesome. Congratulations

Hi, new here. We saw the discounts late last night and called the next morning. After about a 35 minute hold, I found out our stay didn’t qualify for any discounts at the Boardwalk (10/22-10/27). Probably due to the resort being fully booked. In going over our trip, we decided to add a night stay at the Contemporary, for which we did get a discount. For us, this meant coordinating a change at a Universal hotel and airline flights. We got a break there with no cost change at Universal and a $60 credit on airfare.

I didn't hear about the new discounts until a few hours ago, and availability was so limited by then! Back in December we booked at POFQ for early November. Switching to Coronado Springs with the discount would be the same as our current rack rate at POFQ, and everything else would cost at least $150 more than our current rate. So then I tried looking at rack rate rooms for our dates. Woah--not a single value room available, and even the open moderate rooms are a lot more than what we're paying. I'm glad we booked when we did!

Hmmm. I was able to drop a night off my stay (after waiting on hold for over an hour) but they said that the discount was not available for even part of my stay, even though it's showing up when I search it online. It's too bad, but in the end it's only about $150 so not a make or break amount. I'll probably keep searching as the trip gets closer in case availability opens up, though I'm not too hopeful anymore.

My TA was not successful applying the discount. I booked in August of 2018 for 12/2019. He did the math and says the discount will only save me $160 (if he can ever get trough to Disney). Glad I booked before the price increases.

Discount day is always so crazy... yesterday I attempted the AP discount online right around 7 am and got an error to try back later or call. I called and got the 45 minute warning, so while I was on hold I attempted to book the non-AP discount and was able to do that. My 45 minute projected wait was still going strong at 90 minutes and I had to hang up for a work call. I tried the website again around noon and the countdown clock kept resetting to 2:30 so that was a bust. Finally around 3:30 I tried the site again and got through, and was able to book the AP discount... but it did not apply to my Friday and Saturday dates, 11/8 and 11/9... I assume because of the holiday weekend. I still saved $620 on a Yacht Club water view, so I’ll take it! We are splurging on a deluxe this trip so we were prepared to pay the rack rate, but having that $620 to spend on meals instead is nice.

They really do need to fix their IT issues... this happens every single time... you would think they’d invest a little money here since they keep jacking all the prices...

Can anyone else get on the website to look at availability? I’ve tried since yesterday afternoon and keep getting the “almost into orbit” landing page but I never get further then that. I gave up yesterday and thought I’d try when I got up this morning ... no luck >:(

Can anyone else get on the website to look at availability? I’ve tried since yesterday afternoon and keep getting the “almost into orbit” landing page but I never get further then that. I gave up yesterday and thought I’d try when I got up this morning ... no luck >:(
I get the orbit page, but once the timer counts down it goes to the page pretty quickly. The problem I have this morning is that a great many resorts are now showing the AP discount being the exact same price as rack rate.

I get the orbit page, but once the timer counts down it goes to the page pretty quickly. The problem I have this morning is that a great many resorts are now showing the AP discount being the exact same price as rack rate.
I finally got through but doesn’t let me view AP rates, when I click on them it takes me to the ‘buy an AP’ page. So maybe there’s some glitch going on now with AP rates. I couldn’t get anything to work for my dates yesterday so was hoping this morning after people have been modifying and moving resorts maybe something for my dates has opened up

I finally got through but doesn’t let me view AP rates, when I click on them it takes me to the ‘buy an AP’ page. So maybe there’s some glitch going on now with AP rates. I couldn’t get anything to work for my dates yesterday so was hoping this morning after people have been modifying and moving resorts maybe something for my dates has opened up

I logged out and logged back it and it seemed to fix it for the most part. I was hoping to see something pop up for me too but no go.

I logged out and logged back it and it seemed to fix it for the most part. I was hoping to see something pop up for me too but no go.

There have been plenty of times we’ve tried to modify or book a reservation after offers come out and come up empty handed with what we want. And about every time , after a few weeks or even a month or two we’ve been able to get what we want. Hopefully that will be the case here too. Glad I at least booked SOMETHING a month ago, but I don’t want to end up paying pay rack rate

I called yesterday at 7:20am. 2 hours later, whew, I finally got through to a rep. Unfortunately there was no discounts available for my stay at the WL Boulder Ridge on 12/8. I checked the website this morning and there are just so few resorts available for the week I’m going.

I have never been to Disney at this time but have always wanted to see the decorations. Evidently so do a lot of other people. So no discounts for me this time.

I'm excited these discounts came out. I got a Florida resident discount applied to the Contemporary and a regular discount at the Boardwalk (Florida resident only had the expensive rooms available) It saved me a lot of money and I was surprised either resort had availability when I last looked both hotels were sold out.

Did the cancellation automatically come off your my Disney experience? Congratulations on getting your new reservation
It did. So what happened was I actually lost the Caribbean Beach reservation (mild panic ensued internally), and then I had to manually enter the confirmation number for AKL into MDE.

I called yesterday at 7:20am. 2 hours later, whew, I finally got through to a rep. Unfortunately there was no discounts available for my stay at the WL Boulder Ridge on 12/8. I checked the website this morning and there are just so few resorts available for the week I’m going.

I have never been to Disney at this time but have always wanted to see the decorations. Evidently so do a lot of other people. So no discounts for me this time.
I called at the EXACT same time and was also on hold for 2 hours, just to be told there were no discounts that applied at this time. She told me there were discounts that were being offered for my trip dates, that normally would apply, but that there was no availability. She told me to call back throughout the week and see if anything opened up. We are going 12/6-12/12..

I know that travel agents are able to hold onto reservations for 2 days (or 3 days?) until they hear back from their client. I bet by Friday we will see more availability open up again.
The CM i spoke with yesterday did say that thursday/friday would be my best time to call back to see if anything opened up!

Was able to switch our 2 rooms at WL (rack-rate/no AP discount available) to a Deluxe room (with FOOD) for $225 less with AP. Hope the FOOD justifies having only the one BATH (it's only for 2 nights). I've heard good things about Club Level at WL. :dogdance:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter