Pete is right about lack of merchandise for men

Uh, no. Not so much. Plus that isn't Disney anyway. It's an outside company.

As for shirts, maybe I'm the odd one but I'm not wearing a Disney t-shirt when we are out and about at home. I'm not taking my wife out to dinner or going to a party wearing a Disney World t-shirt. But I have absolutely no problem going out wearing one of my many Disney polo shirts. I ought to post a pic of some of them. They have nice, relatively discreet logos on the left breast area, really no different than any other logo polo would have. I have one from MGM, a couple from Animal Kingdom, some from Company D, one from Disneyland, etc. That's the sort of stuff I wish they'd start selling again.

Obviously there are people that want them and I agree it would be nice to have the option ... guess I just don't have any "middle of the road" things I do - I am either t-shirts, or something "formal" enough that I wouldn't' want any logo on what I wear

I agree with Pete and everyone else. I also did my part in tweeting #notahillperson Maybe my favorite tweet of the year so far.
I would love so shirts i could wear to work.

Disney used to sell men's dress shirts with an embroidered Mickey silhouette on the pocket. And yes, I have one of those. I never bought more because they were too pricey but I still wear mine regularly.
Every year when I go to Disney I look for button-up shirts with a pocket in 3x for my brother. I can never find anything. I did see some earlier this month 3x, button-up but no pocket. And they were $100+; that's not going to happen.

Every year when I go to Disney I look for button-up shirts with a pocket in 3x for my brother. I can never find anything. I did see some earlier this month 3x, button-up but no pocket. And they were $100+; that's not going to happen.
Yeah, here’s what will happen. Disney will see the complaints and come out with a new line of menswear. Except a polo shirt will be $85 and a dress shirt will be $150. Nobody will buy them and then Disney will say, “See. We told you men don’t want Disney clothing.”

Yeah, here’s what will happen. Disney will see the complaints and come out with a new line of menswear. Except a polo shirt will be $85 and a dress shirt will be $150. Nobody will buy them and then Disney will say, “See. We told you men don’t want Disney clothing.”
Fair point lol

I also agree with Pete about the lack of stylish Disney clothing for men. Years ago, Disney offered affordable Oxford-style men's shirts with a small Mickey icon on the pocket and quality polo shirts. I do wear those at work. 28 & Main used to offer some stylish clothing "for the discerning gentleman," but the clothing line seems to have been reduced to lightweight logo t-shirts. Very disappointing.

Years ago, Disney offered affordable Oxford-style men's shirts with a small Mickey icon on the pocket and quality polo shirts.
Exactly, Michael. And I've got them all :). I would just like new ones. I literally still wear Disney polo shirts that are nearly 30 years old at this point. I have one from the WDW 20th anniversary. I've got a couple from the grand opening of Animal Kingdom. I have one from Disney-MGM Studios. I have one from Disneyland's 50th. They used to put them out all the time for various events and celebrations as well as just the normal park logo ones.

I really like the Mickey Mouse cuff links, but there's no way I'd spend $135 on a pair of stainless steel cuff links.

I have a few of the Nike Mickey Polos that I sometimes wear to work and I might pick up a tie next time. They also sell DVC polos, but I don't own a DVC (yet). I'm not sure why Disney can't offer more stuff that's nice, but reasonably priced for men. They seem to offer all kinds of stuff for the ladies from cheap shirts, to dresses to fine jewelry. I'd like to see more variety and reasonable prices.

I bought 2 Nike Golf Polos of of the ShopDisney app a few months back, for the Beach Club and Boardwalk. Now they are all Vacation club.

It's ridiculous they can't sell anything of quality for men. Not many men wear screenprinted t shirts with ridiculous logos and pictures on them. Think Lululemon or Peter Millar.

I bought 2 Nike Golf Polos of of the ShopDisney app a few months back, for the Beach Club and Boardwalk. Now they are all Vacation club.

It's ridiculous they can't sell anything of quality for men. Not many men wear screenprinted t shirts with ridiculous logos and pictures on them. Think Lululemon or Peter Millar.

I actually just did a quick search on Shop Disney for Gold Shirts and there were a number but almost all were DVC based. There was one with a small Mickey, a couple of Star Wars, and one Disney Cruiseline

I actually just did a quick search on Shop Disney for Gold Shirts and there were a number but almost all were DVC based. There was one with a small Mickey, a couple of Star Wars, and one Disney Cruiseline

What I find frustrating with men's merchandise is that its so easy to make stuff we would be happy with. Make a polo shirt, and stamp a small mickey on the left breast!!!

I love the spirit jerseys and exercise gear they came out with. For relatively infrequent visitors (I visit WDW annually), the merchandise for men is okay, but I recognized most things from 2016, when I visited in 2017.

But if you go often it could see it getting old fast!!

Interesting. I had never used that app. I just looked. There is a DHS shirt that I would buy except it's by Nike so instead of being $45 like the regular Mickey polo, it's $65. No thanks. And there isn't a single Disney World logo item offered. Only DHS. None of the other parks either. Just some of the hotels.

Interesting. I had never used that app. I just looked. There is a DHS shirt that I would buy except it's by Nike so instead of being $45 like the regular Mickey polo, it's $65. No thanks. And there isn't a single Disney World logo item offered. Only DHS. None of the other parks either. Just some of the hotels.

I actually looked on the website, not the app (not sure if same inventory or not). There is also one with just a black and white Mickey on it but it is $60 (and a limit of 10!) - hard to justify that

https://www.shopdisney.com/mickey-mouse-pima-cotton-polo-shirt-for-men-black-1443186

the mens (or adult overall) hats are cheap. i noticed that every time i went. i'm surprised they don't do more via a licensee like 47 brand with some of the traditional logos. 47 hats always have really nice stitching and fit basically everybody.

yes, the hats they currently offer are costing them far less to be made at a factory of theirs in china, i get it. and obviously you still do the bulk of your business with the cheap hats. what i'm suggesting is in select shops/stores you offer legit hats and you make up for the extra cost by putting the price up. i'd gladly spend 30+ on a 47 brand hat that i know is nice instead of the 20 dollar cheap one that i'll never wear again.

(doesn't have to be '47 just using as an example)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter