Pete, I hate to tell you this...

DVC Kathy

DIS Veteran
but there's plenty of livestock in New Jersey.

Maybe not in Bergen County, but check out Gloucester, Salem, and Cumberland counties down here in South Jersey.

I've seen chickens, pigs, sheep, goats, cows, and horses.

We even have a rodeo. http://www.cowtownrodeo.com/

Gloucester County has been overrun with development, but when we lived in our first apartment, you could smell the pig farms in the bedroom when the wind was in the right (or wrong) direction. Not a great smell but, hey, the pigs were there first.

Kathy

(Sorry I'm a little late on this topic, but I'm just catching up with the podcasts after vacation/christmas.)

When I heard Pete's comment, I knew that he was not raised in South Jersey.
As a child my family would travel through South New Jersey from Philadelphia to the Jersey shore. It was all farms and peach groves. In the early-mid 70s, my brother and I thought we were traveling through the country when we came over the bridge into New Jersey. There were so many roadside stands we actually thought thats how people in Jersey went shopping. :rotfl:
Later, when we visited our aunt and uncle in Piscataway we got a real eye opener of whay New Jersey really looked like. :eek:

We pass sheep, horses and cows and goats every day on our way to work, and one lonely donkey who we call Eeyore (he just hangs around with the brown cows).

I live in Cumberland County. I have Chickens...actually almost every house has chickens or guinea hens. Most of my neighbors have goats and pigs some even have cows. Very rural out here!!

I grew up in Cape May County on a farm. That area is getting pretty built up now but my old farm is still there.

Kimba

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter