Perndwler's May 4th Meet

MZDavis

Mouseketeer
Subject: DIS/DIS Pin Meet - May 4th @8:00pm DXL Lounge
Author: perndwler
Date Posted: 03-26-01
Okay, it's official. My partners in crime (aka TeeJay & TiggersMom) and I are hosting a DIS meet (with pin trading)on May 4th, 8:00PM at DXL.
The lounge off of the lobby is large, has comfortable chairs, sofas and lots of tables. (for pin bags ) Hope to see you there!

----------------------------------------

Subject:
Author: TIGGERSMOM

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!!

Subject:
Author: snowgooseltd
I'll be there with bells (oops! pins) on!!

Subject: May 4th Pin Meet!
Author: JamesD
We should be able to make that. That is, if we can pull ourselves away from the AK Lodge!
We look forward to pin trading with everyone.

_JamesD_

Subject:
Author: ladyandtramp
Date Posted: 03-27-01

I'd love to hang out with you guys, but I'll be at the All Star -- and getting to Dixie can be a bit of an ordeal unless I head out from a park.

I'll keep you guys in mind!

Jan & Tom
LadyandTramp

Subject: Count me in!
Author: Disneymad
Date Posted: 03-28-01
Wow - another pin meet, can't wait....and it just happens to be my birthday too - what a day!

You can add me to the list...

Penny!

Subject: Pin Meet Car Pool
we'll be staying at the AK Lodge, which is not that far from All-Stars and we'll have a car. Maybe we could pick you up on the way to Dixie Landings (which by the way is now called Port Orleans-Riverside.) Let us know what you decide.

_JamesD_

Subject:
Author: TwoOldPoohs
As usual, my timing is impeccable. We'll be arriving the following day! Have a great time everybody! Wish I could be there.

Subject:
Hey JamesD, how may people does your car hold??? As fate would have it, TJ, TJ's DD, TM and I will be dining at AKL before the meet. We have 5:30 ressies!

__Robin __

Subject:
Robin - I have a vehicle. I never go without renting one - full size so rides are not a problem!!

Subject: May 4th Pin Meet
Linda and I will be eating at Jiko at exactly the same time. It is a small world!
I'm not sure of what size the car will be because it will be a rental; I believe I have a midsize reserved. Probably only room for two other adults. That time of night you have to do the Downtown Disney bus ritual to get between resorts.

P.S. Is anybody else bummed that they only have MK fireworks on Saturday night and we'll be missing Spectromagic all together the first week of May!

_JamesD_
dzneynut@aol.com)

Subject:
JamesD, we will have to meet up before dinner and make sure we either combine or ressies or at least ask to be seated near each other.

I was so mad about the parade and fireworks (TJ's DD has never seen them) that I emailed them and vented. They CALLED ME!!! I got the "We're glad you contacted us, we may not be able to change the situation, but we will look into it" Not what I wanted to here, but sheesh, they CALLED ME!!!

__Robin __

Subject:
Author: AllisonG
You know I'd love to be able to make that pin meet! If I could just pull myself away from my problems for a few minutes!! Getting a South Florida DIS Meet together will be cool though. Where could we meet? Sawgrass Mall? See you Saturday.

Subject:
Date Posted: 03-30-01

__Robin __

Subject:
Author: Teejay32
My DD will be happy with whatever she gets to see, so I'm not worried, but it's really nice that they called you. I got mail from Disney - a questionnaire about Spoodles to fill out. Was wondering if you guys did too, since that's the only time I've been there.

T-Mom, you're going! I'm so glad.

- Tee

Subject:
Tee, I got one for the Boardwalk not just Spoodles.

BTW, I figured out how to add the meet to the Magic meetings board so people can sign up.

__Robin __

Subject:
Yep Tee I am on board. I got a questionaire from the Beach Club from Feb.
I can't wait guys - 32 days!!

Subject:
Author: snowgooseltd
Date Posted: 03-31-01
Let's try to get a list of names together and I'll make name tags so we'll know who each of us is. I'm horrible with names and that always makes me uncomfortable, when I can't remember or don't know someone's name. What do you think??

Subject: Pin Meet
Author: mcnut13
Kathy

Subject: I Will Be THere in Spirit
Author: Mickey7811

I will be there in spirit - was suppose to be there but a little surgery is getting in the way.
Robin, can I send you some pins to trade for me - that would work.

Everyone have a wonderful time.

Darlene
Nottingham, Md.

perndwler

Darlene, It's so unfair how we keep missing each other!! I'd be glad to trade pins for you! Since I'll be in Disney, I'll be sending you Extra Strength Pixie Dust towards your recovery!!!
Nametags are a great idea. I know that TeeJay, TMom and myself already have ones made for us from our Feb. meet.

Robin

------------

perndwler

bump
Robin

--------------

daber

Wish I could be there, but I've got tickets for DTD Cirque de Solel at that time.

-----------------

JamesD

Everyone that's planning on coming to the May 4th DIS Pin Meet should sign up on the DIS Meet page that Robin and the others have created. Just click on the Join! link next to the appropriate meet listing. I will try to put a link to the list here:
DIS Meet Listing
Thanks and I look forward to seeing everyone there. Only 30 days to go!
JamesD

----------

perndwler

Thanks JD! 4 weeks and counting!!
Robin

---------------

perndwler

bumpity bump
Robin

--------------

perndwler

another bump

---------------

ladyandtramp

JamesD --
Wow! Thanks for the offer!

I will let you know ... we are planning where we are going to be this week

You guys are GREAT!

Jan & Tom
LadyandTramp

------------------

n2mm

Lady&tramp, we are staying at the Music and can take you guys too! We have tons of pins, we went to WDW 7 times since pin trading began, but haven't been there for 6 months (ugh) so will be open to lots of trade offers. We have so many LE pins you just can't imagine.

------------------

Flitter

Wish I could be there but, our plane doesn't come in until after midnight. Will see everyone Saturday AM
OKW DVC since 1994
"Pixie Dust for Everyone"

---------------

snowgooseltd

Let's bump this back to the top! There are two pages of responses but only six people listed as actually coming. Let's go people! I really need to put faces with all the usernames I've been seeing over the months.
"...if you can't say somethin' nice...don't say nothin' at all" Spencer, visiting our brick with 'dup-a-dog...

------------

perndwler

18 days and counting! bumping for those who may not have seen this.
Robin

--------------

daber

Snowgoose,
Are you going to the meet on the 6th at MGM? I'm able to make that one. {P.S. love your clipart}

------------

MZDavis

Bumping this back up!

---------

fantasmickey

but are staying at OKW (Luv Ya Mary!) for the first time and our group member with transportation won't arrive until very late that night.
Someone please tell us (DS and me)how to find you and we'll be delighted to make the trek and meet everyone. I think we even have a few, FEW?, trading items to bring along !

THANKS!

Jeanie

FANTASMICkey
--------------

ladyandtramp

Everyone has been so great in trying to get me to this meet!
(I'm staying at ASM...no car...have had two offers of rides!).

Well, here's the deal. We've scheduled to be at Animal Kingdom during the day, and then supposed to hop to Epcot for Illuminations. I'm taking niece/nephew that have never been to the World, and they leave the 5th -- so I'm not very able to change plans.

Illuminations isn't over until 9:30 or so, is it? It would be easy to take the bus from Epcot to Dixie, but will anyone be there still at 10:00 - 10:30 p.m.?? I want to chat with everyone, but not sure if this is a good idea based on our plans...

How long does everyone typically hang around? I've only been to one or two day pin meets .

Thanks again y'all!

Jan & Tom
LadyandTramp

----------------

Teejay32
-
"How long does everyone typically hang around? I've only been to one or two day pin meets ".
I think it varies, but since Pern and Tiggersmom and I are staying at the DXL anyway, we should be around. At one of our meets at WL we were there til they started sweeping up the lobby. Who knows. Would be great to see you there! but if it's going to conflict with other things, then you just decide if it's worth it and don't worry too much.

------------

perndwler

Jeanie, I think the best thing for you to do to get to DXL is take the boat from OKW to DTD then catch the boat from there to DXL. You could also do the bus thing. Bus to DTD, bus to DXL. Please try, the more the merrier!
Robin - Member Pin Survivor Cheerleading Squad

-------------

Disneymad

Bumpity bump! Only a week to go
See you all there I hope...

Penny!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter