People Mover....

What exactly is it?? An aerial ride around Tomorrowland??? Just trying to understand the concept.. if its something I should add to the itinerary... I've been to WDW probably about 10 times.. but never on it..
Think of it as a unique tram ride, backstage tour kind of thing. It has no backstory other then it is a experiment in transporting people in a non stop manner and was meant to hopefully be part of the future. It is relaxing and just neat (used to be a lot better though) So just a vehicle that winds it's way around Tomorrowland, with the occasional promotional talks about each attraction it comes near and that is all. You won't need a heart pill before riding. It's as calm as a cradle.

You will love it. ALso if the Jungle Cruise has a holiday layover, try to go on that attraction as well. I always FP it!

Yes to this too....And also as others have stated, about going on Peoplemover at night, JC (either w/ or w/out) Overlay is a completely different experience...too.
I think that a "holiday layover" happens (for instance) if you miss boarding an airline flight due to overbooking during the holidays. ;)

I think you mean Jungle Cruise has a "holiday overlay."
This is funny...:rotfl2:

Not sure why you think I don't agree, we have just said the same thing. I agree that if it gets stacked up on top they will stop it. I, however, have never seen that happen, but, I can see that it might. I also understand that some people might have a problem with mobility causing a stop, I know that, but, I have personally never seen it. I have, however, in recent years, seen it not operating a couple of times with no apparent reason other then it must have been broken. Keep in mind I'm not there everyday so it could be more, that is the only time I have seen it not working was in recent years. The previous 31 or so years, nothing.

We are saying the same thing in different words. You mentioned one possibility in your original post and I just added some other reasons.
I wasn't trying to say that we disagree, just that we have obviously had different experiences. Where you say you've seldom seen this happen, I have seen it fairly regularly on my trips. Perhaps I tend to visit at a busier time of the year, or I've just been unfortunate in my timing.

I think that a "holiday layover" happens (for instance) if you miss boarding an airline flight due to overbooking during the holidays. ;)

I think you mean Jungle Cruise has a "holiday overlay."

Lol!!!

I’ve never ridden it either but it’s on my plan for next time! Are you allowed to maybe eat a snack while you’re riding and relaxing? lol But really.....?

Have a great time! PeopleMover is one of my favorite rides at WDW... it just is a nice way to relax and finally get off your feet, you get to see some "behind-the-scenes", you get to see the model for Walt's original vision of EPCOT, it's a great place to get your kid to nap ;) oh and the ramp up/down to the loading platform is kind of bumpy-feeling under your feet so it's kind of like a massage LOL
Plus it’s a really nice stretch for tired legs after a long day at the parks.

That and the speedramp at the exit to Space Mountain, but the latter’s closed right now so the PeopleMover will have to do instead.

I’ve never ridden it either but it’s on my plan for next time! Are you allowed to maybe eat a snack while you’re riding and relaxing? lol But really.....?

Technically, as with all rides and attractions, food and drink is not allowed. If you have a drink, Mickey Bar or other such item in your hand when you approach the entrance ramp, the CM there will ask you to either throw it away or step out of line, finish your snack and then come back.

Now, if you just happened to have a cookie or candy bar in your backpack, you'll probably get away with eating it once you're on the ride. Penalty for being caught though, is being forced to endure the "chili dog sequence" in the Stich theater for 30 minutes straight.

Steve

If you need a break at the MK..I will sometimes do COP than walk over to the Wedway People Mover....Its a great way to relax while actually experiencing 2 attractions simultaneously

If you need a break at the MK..I will sometimes do COP than walk over to the Wedway People Mover....Its a great way to relax while actually experiencing 2 attractions simultaneously

I'd not say that they can be experienced "simultaneously"
(THAT would be a very interesting... if somewhat odd... attraction, I think)
"That's Swartz and his Hupmobile. He sure loves that HORN!
He's gonna have a race with the PeopleMover tonight at the Independence Day Social!"
;)

But, PeopleMover and CoP are situated very close to each other, so they can be enjoyed consecutively with not much wait in-between.

Last edited:
It'll always be the Wedway to me. I'm with others who posted earlier; I make a point of constantly waving to other cars and to people down below, and I'd say the average wave response is somewhere in the neighborhood of 12%.

It'll always be the Wedway to me. I'm with others who posted earlier; I make a point of constantly waving to other cars and to people down below, and I'd say the average wave response is somewhere in the neighborhood of 12%.
The percentage is quite a bit higher when it’s your 4 year old doing the waving. :stitch2:

We love People Mover! We were there last week and rode 3 times. Once during MNSSHP which was fun as it was pitch black in Space Mountain!

Love it at night. It's also cool during the halloween party to see all the costumes from above. It's the best people watching place in the park.

I'd not say that they can be experienced "simultaneously"
(THAT would be a very interesting... if somewhat odd... attraction, I think)
"That's Swartz and his Hupmobile. He sure loves that HORN!
He's gonna have a race with the PeopleMover tonight at the Independence Day Social!"
;)

But, PeopleMover and CoP are situated very close to each other, so they can be enjoyed consecutively with not much wait in-between.

What an awesome sense of humor. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts