People (especially kids) with glasses

joyjoy

DIS Veteran
My 4 y.o. g-baby recently got glasses. She sees sooo much better and looks adorable in case you were wondering. Can't wait to take her back to WDW this fall to see it through her eyes again, only this time with eyes that work! Anyway, my question is... with 3D shows/attractions like Buzz, TSM, Philharmagic, etc., do you (or your kids) put the 3D glasses over your regular glasses? Or remove your regular glasses? Thanks.

All 3D glasses at attractions that use them fit over normal eyeglasses.

Make sure the glasses have extended ear pieces or a strap to stay on during the rides. Have a great trip!

My 4 y.o. g-baby recently got glasses. She sees sooo much better and looks adorable in case you were wondering. Can't wait to take her back to WDW this fall to see it through her eyes again, only this time with eyes that work! Anyway, my question is... with 3D shows/attractions like Buzz, TSM, Philharmagic, etc., do you (or your kids) put the 3D glasses over your regular glasses? Or remove your regular glasses? Thanks.

I always put the 3D glasses right over my regular glasses.

One suggestion for your 4 year old: consider getting her one of those straps to hold them on. They won't likely fall off on any rides, but it can't hurt to have a little extra safeguard.

I always put the 3D glasses right over my regular glasses.

One suggestion for your 4 year old: consider getting her one of those straps to hold them on. They won't likely fall off on any rides, but it can't hurt to have a little extra safeguard.

I feel like I should do this myself sometimes. My glasses fell off at the end of the slide at the Polynesian. It was several harrowing minutes for me and the other kind people swimming in that area... Until the lifeguard finally spotted them on the bottom of the pool.

over glasses but something that might help is for her to have a head band to use to keep the 3D glasses on for certain attractions. It is tough with kids because their heads are small and the glasses so big,

Glasses have a way of vanishing at Disney World. The 3D glasses will fit over them . . sadly, DS never did it that way. As a result, glasses vanished during 3D shows. My advice, have a neck strap for them, and maybe a backup pair from one of those discount online shops.

My 7 year old has been wearing glasses since he was 2. The 3D glasses fit over them pretty well. Another tip, if your granddaughter doesn't have them, I highly suggest prescription sunglasses and prescription goggles for the pools - it changed his whole swimming experience and you can buy the goggles on Amazon.

My son has had glasses since he was 2 (and bifocals until he was 15--he's 19 now) for his strabismus. That's a pricy prescription, and he got used to just handing me or DH his glasses on any ride that had a chance of losing them, although that ended years ago. Also, we have discovered that with his condition he doesn't see 3D anyway, so we skip the 3D movies. If you can't afford prescription sunglasses try to get a pair with the clip on option.

My DD (11) has worn glasses since she was 2. 3d glasses both at Disney and at the movies fit over them. If you are at a movie that has kid and adult sizes, you probably want the adult size- that is what DD always wanted over hers.

Also I highly recommend getting some ear grips/hooks. You can't see them, and they will keep her glasses from slipping down her nose and her looking over them instead of through them, and also will prevent them from falling off -not only on WDW rides, but during regular daily activities. My DD has kind of a ski slope nose and those were a lifesaver-- I don't know how she would have kept her glasses on her face without them. She has had those on her glasses for years. She has never liked the look of straps- and the grip/hook/keepons can't be seen at all with her long hair. I think you can probably get them on Amazon- I'm sure other places as well. You want the softer ones-- silicone maybe? Also, while she is getting used to glasses in general and when she gets new pairs- both with and without the ear pieces, but especially without-- keep an eye on the backs of her ears. We felt awful because we did not know to do that and because her glasses were slipping and she has really sensitive skin- they made blisters and deep red marks all down the backs of her ears. If hers look like they are starting to do that- they likely need to be adjusted. The ear grips/hooks/keepons help keep that from happening too.

We also have a rule that if she takes her glasses off at WDW (or really anywhere that we are with her)- she has to hand them to one of us. No- setting them down places.

Wow! Thanks, y'all.
another for putting 3d glasses over her glasses and also the strap to hold glasses on. that strap may not be needed but will help hold them in place and is good training for more wilder rides as she gets older

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter