People butting in line common?? Is it true?

We were in line for the Kilimanjaro Safari one morning and the entire length of the queue was not opened--it was made shorter due to sections being roped off. A group of people just started walking over the ropes to the far right when there was obviously a line formed on the left. I did call out, "Excuse me, there is a line over here", but this accomplished nothing but making me feel like I at least said something.

I have been visiting WDW pretty much annually for 35 years. I have seen what is described here (people jumping the line to join their parties that may or may not be at the front of the line) maybe once or twice. I don't think it is as widespread as the DIS would make it seem. If you are looking for it, you may see it more often.

I hope people really try not to judge. There are people with disabilities you cannot see, including my teen's. Small children may be in the majority, but they are not the only ones that may need an emergency break
Well when I see 3 and 4 teenagers giggling and pushing thru people I do tend to view them as line cutters. If I see one person I tend to see that as a bathroom break.

I have been that parent with the small person about to have an accident, so yeah I've dragged my kid back and forth through a line of people, WHEN the CM was nice enough to select a "holding point" we could rejoin the line at. Otherwise we went to the end of the line. Life lessons you have to teach!

I also have "cut in line" at the buses. End of the night EPCOT, total insanity, my DH and DD kept heading for the buses and I paused for a moment to snag a quick photo of the bus stop numbers. In less than a second, they were GONE. And without a cell phone, all I could do was run screaming through the crowds to our resort bus stop, yelling, "We have to be on #_______!" I was terrified to get separated from DH as he had all the ID, the bags, the phone, our kid....

When I saw them waiting at the wrong bus stop, I ran through everyone, screaming about the correct bus stop. Perfect timing for OUR bus to turn the corner, pull in, and stop! Except that we got all sorts of dirty looks for climbing over the railings (no room to maneuver back out with people pushing like a mosh pit!!!) and leaping into the correct resort "stall" ; which coincidentally put us on the first bus out... but anyone still giving me a dirty look at the bus stop did not realize my place on the bus, clinging to a child who was wrapped around my leg and a hand strap I'm sharing with DH, standing on one foot while I can feel the person behind me BREATHING because we are pushed up so tight against each other. Hot and humid and SQUEAKY ride back to the resort... squeaky from everyone's sweat trapped in an AC'd bus.... LOL ewwwwwwwwwwwww

I really wasn't very Joyful at the Sadness & Joy M&G though... there was serious placeholding going on there, and the CM's weren't doing anything about it. We had a 45-minute wait in line, and we just weren't moving. Finally we start the continuous shuffle... we are the party after the "next" one, I'm so relieved as I have to go to the bathroom and DD is exhausted... and suddenly the little old woman in front of us claps her hands and hollers.... for the 8 or so children that were literally crawling the carpet walls and eating things they found on the ground and running around like crazy animals. Admittedly I probably shouted, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!!!????" loudly enough for people in Norway to hear me! The CM's just rolled their eyes and smiled at me... "Next.... Next..... Next..." but in hindsight, they can't abandon their post, what exactly can they do? They can't take away FP+ hahahaha imagine that!

On 7D the exit and the fastness line are separated by a chain with a gap. Sometimes they have a CM there and sometimes they do not. On our August trip I saw two different families jump the chain at the exit and go into the FP line. However, that was the only place I saw that happen.

I had one of those emergency bathroom runs when in FoP line when we were there in January, my wife and I got in line and waited about 10 min when I had to go to the bathroom, when I came back she had made a lot of progress and I had a long ways to catch up, most people were friendly but a few got a little crabby about it, I had to basically embarrass my self and tell several people that I had to use the bathroom and needed to catch up with my wife. When we were there in March my wife was having a problem standing in line for long periods of time (she had hurt her knee on the ice about a week before we went) so when we would get to a spot were the line back tracked on itself she would lean or sit down until we caught up with her and she would be with us again until the next opportunity, one time she got yelled at by a person behind us saying if she could not stand in line she should not be riding, but that was an exception.

I admit that I got a good feeling seeing someone getting caught in the TOT line. We were behind a woman and her young daughter at where you get checked for your fast pass before entering the ride area. I guess the woman and her child did not have fast passes but just got in that line. She argued heatedly with the CM, but he held his ground, and sent her huffing back to the end of the standby line. Too bad to behave that way in front of your child, and teach her how to cheat!!!!

When 7DMT first opened, the wait times were horrendous. I wanted to ride it, so my grandson and I got into the line (about 60 to 90 minute wait) and wound around to where you enter the little pathways. A young woman just walked up from the opposite direction and stepped in front of us!!!! What? I said, the back of the line is back there, pointing way, way back. She just shrugged at me and turned her back to me. I was so surprised that I just didnt' know what to do. Made me mad that someone has the nerve to do that to others. grrrr.....

We have been three times and only once saw anything close. Two men got in line and worked their way to the front. At first I was bent out of shape, but I would never say anything anyway. Then I got to thinking I didn't know the situation at all. I wondered if they had wives and children in line already. Really it wasn't a big deal at all and certainly nothing to let ruin a day. So I got over being annoyed and continued to enjoy the day.

Only once, in many, many trips. The FP line for space mountain was in the middle of Tomorrowland because all of the other roller coasters were closed (weather & splash was down all day). A group of teenage girls got in front of us. Then, after many more people got in behind us, two more girls who were finally finished putting their bags down decided to join the girls in front of us. I'd had enough by this point. I told them where the end of the line was. They ignored me at first, but I insisted and they went to the end of the line.

In all my trips I can only remember one time of blatant line cutting. My sister and I were in the line at Splash, to the point where you round the corner and see where they are loading the logs. Two young girls shoved past us, claiming they were catching up to their group. They went to where they were the next to be loaded, got on, and off they went.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter